Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mogwai at The Village on Saturday

Options
  • 08-05-2003 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

If you're still stuck for one, a few extra tickets for Mogwai at The Village on Saturday are available through Ticketmaster.
    City Discs, Road, and Soundcellar are sold out.

The new album, 'Happy Songs For Happy People' is out on June 6th btw. Oh and Saturday is also Stuart Braithwaite's birthday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUART!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

I saw these guys when they supported The Cure in Hyde park London last year. It was a big outdoor event but boy were they loud...I have never experienced loudness like it, especially at an outdoor gig....I can only imagine what they will be like in the confines of The Village ...bring your earplugs boy n girls !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Jaysus, loudest band outdoors as well (the Olympia and Red Box gigs left me ears ringing well into tomorrow)
    Think they sell ear plugs as part of their merchandise.
    Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Stuart's guitar is especially loud...I suspect because its his birthday he may be one more louder on Saturday!

I have my earplugs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

didn't like that venue.
    one of my fav ever gigs was deus in the mean fiddler 5 or 6 years ago but they've levelled out the whole floor and unless you're over 6 foot you can't see much of the band if you're in the back half of the venue where the bar is. worse still you can't hear much in that back half when the band are playing quiet stuff cause of all the chat and banter around the bar area.

mogwai were great though.
    Gwan The Bhoys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

brilliant but feckin hell what a ****e venue
    ruined the first three songs as i was trying to get a space where i wasnt being either bumped into constantly or having some fecker blabbing the ears off me and those around me... pricks

also mogwai have some amount of tall fans, cos shít i'm 6'2" and i couldnt see over the folk in front of me in about 5 different spots

still when i got my place feckin unbelieveable!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Yes it was an excellent gig,usually when at a gig the first bass drum attacked is the most fatal one but every tap was like a punch to the heart,the guitars when you thought they couldnt get louder they did,and when yer fighting for air against a very bassy bass you know yer ears are in trouble,well worth the sacrafice of that small percentage of hearing but nextime bring earplugs,i hope yis all know that if your drunk going to a gig your ears are more exposed to the music thus increasing your chances of damaging your hearing?

Advertisement