Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copying harddrives

• 09-05-2003 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

anyone able to tell me if id be able to copy the entire contents of one harddrive to another? ill explain exactly what i wanna do here:

ok, in my current pc i have 2 harddrives, the C drive is 5 gigs and the D is 30. now i have a fair bit of software installed on the C drive that i dont have the installation discs for anymore for whatever reason. what i wanna know is would i be able to copy everything from C to D with the progams still being able to run?

the reason i wanna do this is coz i get a new pc tomorrow with an 80gig hd, but wanna use the 30gig drive with it as well coz i do a lot of audio work, and i wanna keep all the software. it just doesnt seem worthwhile having a 30gig drive go to waste while i use a 5 gig drive instead of it

anyone any ideas?

i should mention that the C drive also has XP installed on it, but im not too worried bout that, just not sure if thatll complicate matters. if theres anyway to do a COMPLETE copy of the Cdrive to me D drive, so XP and all the software would work on the D drive tho thatd be perfect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Try a disk to disk copy in Symantec Ghost 7 or later.
    That should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nice one chief! muchos appreciated

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Helix, did yea build this one yourself or where did you buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

drive image..
    great app for drive to drive copies

Advertisement