Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best FTP Server Prog???

Options
  • 09-05-2003 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hey,,,

Anyone know of any good ftp server progs?? ive been using GuldFTP for a while and think its quite good.. only thing is that if pc restarts (pwr failure etc) and boots back up etc... the ftp server wont kick in till the user has logged in.. pretty much like being placed in the start-up folder...

Does anyone know of any FtpServer packages which load themselves as a system service? but also have the handy features like the usage stats and graphs and friendly user interface? (unlike the standard windows ftp service ;) )

thanks in advance,,

Adrian

Ps..

Ive been lookin for a ages for a good SSH server for windows? any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

well i think the best ones are bullet proof and cute ftp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

erm.. he's looking for a server, not a client..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

oh
    g6ftpserver is very good
    easy to configure
    and u can set it to automatically come on and turn on the server when u turn on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

this is more of a Net/Comms type of Q
    moved.

Coyote

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If you want a decent easy to use FTP Server then give Serv-U-FTP a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Alrighty Aido,

For the ftp server, dunno. Possibly install win2k server and use the built in one ?

As for ssh, You can use openssh via cygwin i think. www.cygwin.com. Nice and eay to get going, so I have heard. Used Xfree86 via cygwin and it works perfectly.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    If you want a decent easy to use FTP Server then give Serv-U-FTP a go.
    yup heartily endorsed etc
    i do know that serv-u does set it self up as a service on the machine but wheather it auto starts without being logged in i couldnt tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

erm.. he's looking for a server, not a client..

Bullet proof does a mean server ,linked to G6 ,everything you need to know to set it up

http://users.pandora.be/UyTiEmAn/website/tutorial1.htm

HTH

Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Uck! Lets drop those insecure protos! SSH all the way baby! :) (VShell/OpenSSH)

Dizz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

i use guild FTP, its really handy to use and works great under windows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I use WS_FTP LT which is free.
    http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had a teeny tiny free ftp server (thats not its name, I'll scratch around later and find out what it was) working on NT workstations before .. tiny memory footprint (<30KB), worked as a service and all setting were in an ini file ... these days I'm using cerberus ftp .. nice gui, easy to configure

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by IrishDizz
    Uck! Lets drop those insecure protos! SSH all the way baby! :) (VShell/OpenSSH)

Dizz

U can get SSL enabled FTP servers, clients are the problem. SCP is a bit of a resource hog compared to a good FTP server.

on a decent machine an scp takes 4 time the CPU an SSL ftp process does.

Still i use scp/sftp for most things :D

Advertisement