Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Card swap - box to standby or leave on?

• 09-05-2003 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Nothing to do with new or old cards BTW, just general use:

I'm having an issue where I'm losing my favourites and programme planner entries after swapping FTV and subscription cards. Maybe not all in one go or at the first attempt but suddenly the only favourite I have is Sky News.

What's the protocol for swapping? Box in standby or leave it on? Maybe this is just a drawback of card swapping but I'm curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Turn box to standby and remove sub card. Turn on system with no card. When prompted to insert card insert FTV card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Since the last software upgrade there has been a problem with the favourites. Any channels that are only on one EPG (i.e. BBC1, ITV, RTE, etc.) disappear from the favourites list when you swap cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Standby is an illusion on the Digibox. It only turns of the RF modulator and mutes the AV sockets.

The only "off" on more standby than the green light is unplugging the power.

Before version 3.xx SW and new cards, pressing Guide, but NOT selecting a sub menu option, swap cards and press ALL Channels worked well. Havn't check that method lately..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    Since the last software upgrade there has been a problem with the favourites. Any channels that are only on one EPG (i.e. BBC1, ITV, RTE, etc.) disappear from the favourites list when you swap cards.
    this happened to me when i put in the new card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Leesider:
    have done so in the last week. The FTV card activated and then failed after inserting the new sub card, so I had to phone to get the signal resent. It's okay now, but I can't swap card like before. I have to power off the box and turn it back on with the new card inserted, as it remembers the Irish EPG. It's better than nothing, though.

Since to get the FTA EPG you have to insert a blank card and repower box this is consistant.

I suspect the ONLY relialble way now to swap cards is unplug the box. Standby does not turn it off at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

i swap new type sky card and new type ftv card all the time no problem swapping card
    i always select tv guide before swapping but i do not select any sub menu as watty already stated
    this procedure has always worked on my digibox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Originally posted by ShaneOC

Paramount, Challenge and TV5 also are knocked off the favourites with me anyway:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Luckily enough, I've never experienced any problems swapping cards.

I usually just pick a channel common to both cards ie Sky News. Remove first card, wait 5 secs and insert second card. The new EPG loads up within 20secs with all my favourites and other channels.

Advertisement