Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Providers

Options
  • 09-05-2003 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

im going a little bit of research and I'm looking for the names and web addresses of wireless broadband providers in Ireland and indeed around the world. I'm focusing at the moment on Ireland and the UK but would also like some from north America if possible. I know of a few in Ireland like Leap and of course the IrishWAN but I'd like the names of some more if possible.

Thanks for the help. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Irish Broadband - Various parts of Dublin.
    Leap - Various parts of Dublin
    Chorus PowerNet - Parts of Limerick
    Digiweb - Parts of Louth.
    Irish Wisp - South Dublin.

Thats all I can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Leap
    Irish WISP
    Irish Broadband (aka IBB)
    DigiWeb (Wireless Service)

are probably the more prominent commercial entities currently.

Then IrishWAN with sub-groups in the shape of the regional WAN groups (listed & linked on the top-right of the irishwan site)

Not sure if Satellite (eg. Digiweb again) would fall under "wireless" in this context :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Amocom in Cork City ...Southside Naturally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm currently researching Amocom, does anyone have any feedback on them they'd like to share? Any actual users of the Amocom service here? Please PM me if you feel I'm dragging things off-topic.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

MidwestWAN is NOT an Internet Service Provider, and, does NOT intend to become one. It is a group of people sharing their I.T. resources via wireless network links in the Limerick and Clare area

John Kennedy
    Secretary MidwestWAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by jbkenn
    MidwestWAN is NOT an Internet Service Provider, and, does NOT intend to become one. It is a group of people sharing their I.T. resources via wireless network links in the Limerick and Clare area

John Kennedy
    Secretary MidwestWAN

Excuse me. I should have made it clear that the *WAN groups were community based and not commercial entities.

Advertisement