Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy

Options
  • 09-05-2003 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

So what are u all studyin for the acc. exam? Im doing:

Section A:
    Manuf. acount
    Company Accounts

Section B:
    Incomplete Rec
    Interpretation Acc.
    Service/Club Accounts (maybe)

Section C:
    Marginal Costing
    Product Budgeting
    Cash Budgeting (maybe)

Im really hopin that incomplete rec will come up ... cause if it doesnt i dont have much else to fall back on!

I just started section C 2 days ago , it doesnt seem to hard at all ... especially if marginal costing comes up.
    What are u all doin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

think you are leaving yourself a bit short there.

Obviously Section A is ok but Section 2 is a bit different.

Incomplete may come up but perhaps you should add in suspense and cashflow as they are a bit easy and are highly propable.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

what questions did u's get in ur mock exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i got suspense and tabular with interpretation.

My guess for this year is

Sole Trader

Cash Flow
    Suspense
    Interpretation

Marginal Costing
    Flexible Budgeting

If that comes up ii am sorted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ratio Analysis.

Been there every year on higher paper even tho it's not guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

to be honest i would say that Incomplete Rec is the most likely for section B ,after interpretation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Does anyone else think that accounts is the retartiest (easiest) subject on the lc course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by honeymonster
    Does anyone else think that accounts is the retartiest (easiest) subject on the lc course?
    I hated it with a vengence and got my lowest grade in it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by honeymonster

to an extent.

it's just piss boring. All number crunching.

bored me so senseless I didn't turn up for the last 4 weeks. Prolly why I didn't make a A.

ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

our manic mystic (hmm...a paradox innit) teacher said twould be manufacutin/sole trader, incomplete (da bank way) and suspence, and marginal costing....dunno why though she's a physix teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Secion A:
    The departmental accounts shouldn't be overlooked. They have never come up, but that isn't to say they never will. But our teacher says that it will probably be a company because of the fact that the manufacturing and departmental accounts involve so much writing, that they need to make the workings much easier. And the aim of a question 1 is to get you thinking.

Section B:
    Tab Statement
    Suspense
    Incomplete records
    Interpretation.

Thats what I will have covered anyways.

Section C:
    Marginal Costing. This comes up every 2nd year and was not in 2002.
    Cash Budgeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Well, im looking to forget about question 1. I think it's too risky doing the 120 marker question, far too much to keep track of and remember and a wider margin for error. I find doing 2 smaller questions is neater. Also.. yes, accounting is really really boring, Im sorry I couldnt do tech graph instead. I was hoping it to be mathsy and conceptual, but its really just about being really really patient which just does my head in. But flexible budgeting and marginal costing... what a joke.

Advertisement