Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVi ADSL

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Just like everyone else I hate doing this, but I think it's important to be clear: Because of the uncertainty surrounding my exchange and the lack of a timescale for a UTV entrance to the broadband market, there's a fair chance I'll be moving away from UTVi very shortly too.

adam

Martin,

Adam's straightforward plea says it all: a lot of us feel loyal to UTVIP for the way you and your colleagues have enhanced customer service and interaction through boards.ie. We would prefer to go with UTVIP for broadband (ADSL presumably) but we need to know when this will happen as other providers are offering us same right now (ish).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 musiccccdub

Sorry for the lack of any content to this post. Just to let everyone know that management in UTV Internet are

I just had the following reply to my question about them offering a broadband service in the south ...

We do and we will be making an announcement later this week or next week. Malcolm Thompson, Operations Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

i'll be sticking with utv
    not a chance in hell i will return to esat after the ****ty way they handled the no limits fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well this is the news I've been waiting for. Given the service levels and communication that comes from the gentlemen at UTV and providing UTV have no cap or a reasonible cap (15GB +) then I'm theirs.

Gandalf.

As a side issue I'll be downgrading my ISDN to Analogue to get DSL. I have an existing Analogue line (which failed the line test and I'm wondering if its possible to change over the Analogue number to the downgraded ISDN line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Ho Hum :rolleyes:

I too was just about to order Via but I'll give UTV the benefit of the doubt and stall it for a (short) while to see what you guys have to offer. I reckon you deserve that since you set the bar pretty high and I've been happy with the 'flatrate' service since I've been connected.

I'm presuming you wouldn't even mention it unless a product was very close but please don't leave us weeks with no further info.

All I want is no cap and interleaving off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I would be a bit worried that martin & scott and UTV in general would be put off by what is being asked of them in this thread .

Yes : we need to know fairly soon , cause the other players are already asking for our business ( by fairly soon I mean REALLY SOON , there is only so much waiting most of us will tolerate).

But the parts that worry me are the asking for it "to be cheaper","to have interleaving turned off","to have a larger/no cap"......come on people be reasonable , it is a business for UTV , not a charity

Are the people here really saying that if UTv offered the same terms as the others that it wouldn't be good enough ?

I know I would sooner be with UTV than any of the others ,but I don't want them to go under or even be put off by people askin for the ridiculous ,and moaning when they don't get it.

to UTV I say come in with a matchin or better than esat in a reasonable timeframe and i'm all yours baby.

THE END!

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Was recently talking to a fella at UTV who gave the impression that FRIACO is a priority at the moment, and while they are definitely working on broadband, they're still negotiating terms with eircom.

Considering FRIACO won't be out until late june at the earliest... *shrug*

Of course it could just be the way he was phrasing it ;) Rumour and speculation abounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Originally posted by jonski
    I would be a bit worried that martin & scott and UTV in general would be put off by what is being asked of them in this thread .

Yes : we need to know fairly soon , cause the other players are already asking for our business ( by fairly soon I mean REALLY SOON , there is only so much waiting most of us will tolerate).
    But the parts that worry me are the asking for it "to be cheaper","to have interleaving turned off","to have a larger/no cap"......come on people be reasonable , it is a business for UTV , not a charity
    Are the people here really saying that if UTv offered the same terms as the others that it wouldn't be good enough ?
    sooner be with UTV than any of the others ,but I don't want them to go under or even be put off by people askin for the ridiculous ,and moaning when they don't get it.

to UTV I say come in with a matchin or better than esat in a reasonable timeframe and i'm all yours baby.

THE END!

John.

I completely agree with the above.

Even tho I am on a pretty limited bugdget, I would happilly pay UTVip a realistic fee (provided there is no cap, as I do not believe any service with a cap is reasonable),.... rather than see them go under providing a service at a loss or little or no profit. To me, if that happens we will end up with another SNL type mess.

The second UTVip release their DSL options i will be telling NTHeLL to fcuk off and signing up with UTVip, right now I *have* to stay with NTHELL because they offer 196 hours per month for a flat fee), but god do I hate their service or lack thereof.

Come on UTVip, be the first company to offer a REAL DSL service in the republic and you will gain lots and lots of LOYAL customers who will stick with u for a long time to come! :D

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    Tright now I *have* to stay with NTHELL because they offer 196 hours per month for a flat fee)
    But don't you have to stay up 48 hours every weekend to avail of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

But don't you have to stay up 48 hours every weekend to avail of this?

LOL :)
    You wont believe me S.One but yes, i do, I can only sleep on average 4 hours a night, and dont usually go to bed during the week till 4-5am *anyways* so being up an entire weekend is kinda ok, and it has its advantages too, Means we dont have to worry about who makes breakfast lol ;0)

An no, I aint a vampire, I may look like one but I aint! :D<

B

• Advertisement
Advertisement