Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola A830 - Siemens U10

• 09-05-2003 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Okay, I'm really confused here.

I've been using the Motorola A830 3G phone as of late. Anyways, one thing caught my eye the other day as I was shutting it down. There is an image of a phone, almost identical in appearance to the A830 but with, what looks to be, a camera attached on top of it (The A830 does not have a camera on it at all).

Okay now... I was just browsing the Siemens site & came across their U10 phone. This phone is the one which pops up on the shut-down screen of the Motorola A830. The two phones are virtually identical. Although I'm at a loss as to what the connection is between Motorola & Siemens.

Anyone have any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Moto A830 below (with camera attached - it swivels around 180 so it's facing out in that shot):

a830_cebit03_front_devices.ie.jpg

Siemens U10 below:

u10_cebit03_front_devices.ie.jpg

so the camera can be attached to the A830 - there are two versions of the back casing, one with the camera and one without - you just remove and replace the one you want

they are one in the same phone, apart from the branding and colour of casing

was impressed with weight - as with the camera attached it looked like it was going to be quite heavy - it wasn't too bad

Siemens and Motorola announced last year they would work together on bringing 3G handsets to market, with Siemens basing handsets on Motorola's Platform.

The U10 being the first Siemens 3G handset to be produced.

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Interesting stuff, DubW, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hello Brian. On all the pictures you post I see devices.ie, and me being me decided to see what it was like! When I go to that webpage there is nothing much there? Do you have your own site?

Thanx :)

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Interesting stuff, DubW, cheers!

no worries :)

i commented on the shape of the A830 saying it looked a bit bulky with the camera, so the person demoing it stared taking it apart in front of me (which i though was a bit wierd!) until they pulled the non-camera cover out of their pocket and put it back together, it doesn't do video calls (two-way video telephony) but they showed it streaming video and still/video capture and messaging

in their current product portfolio the Moto A835 is presented before the A830, it is a more compact phone with enhanced specs, namely 65k colour display, being able to handle two-way video telephony and Assisted-GPS

atb,
    BrianG

Originally posted by madmoe
    Hello Brian. On all the pictures you post I see devices.ie, and me being me decided to see what it was like! When I go to that webpage there is nothing much there? Do you have your own site?

it's the company name - just on there to stop people taking images and using them without asking / or passing them off as their own (which happens a lot on the 'net these days :()

atb,
    BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

@Dub
    I know all about it!! Cheers

Advertisement