Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BroadBand Digital in Carlow???

Options
  • 09-05-2003 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Does anyone know whether Carlow have broadband yet?
    What companies?

What about cable tv? what companies do that in carlow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 furlong

ADSL is available in Carlow Town right now. Definitely from Eircom and I think from VIA/Netsource.

It isn't available anywhere else in the county.

I think Cable TV is chorus only but I am not 100% on that.

BTW the ADSL in Carlow question has been answered before if you did a search ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Thanks!
    I'll go check eircom out now:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 furlong

check out netsource/via as well. Depending on what you actually want it could be the better service for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Lads,

Eircom withdrew their ADSL offering from Carlow 2 weeks ago, they are were having on going issues in the area and have ceased all signups :-(.

There is no date for a fix on this.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

so nobody could get it. Therefore it was not available, strictly speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Well where I work we got it :-), before all the line testing went hay wire. My home number also passed the line test, but I didn't get the order in with netsource quick enough.

Ahwell ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

flamegrill wrote: »
    Lads,

Eircom withdrew their ADSL offering from Carlow 2 weeks ago, they are were having on going issues in the area and have ceased all signups :-(.

There is no date for a fix on this.

Paul

yes but BT are upgrading their system in carlow (we got a letter today from them stating that in june 08 we will be upgraded from 3mb to 8mb (7.6mb worst case scenario) so forget eircon and their slow offerings. those on bt's 1mb service will be upgraded to 2mb and those on 2mb will go upto 4mb.

Advertisement