Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'undelivered' spam emails

Options
  • 09-05-2003 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Not too sure where to put this, so mods feel free to move it around.

I got three emails today from various Mailer Daemon's claiming that the emails I sent regarding "Gain Pro Penile Pills" failed to reach there recipients.

wtf?! ...each of these emails has a list of several address that it apparently failed to reach, and in the 'from' section of the original spam mail, is indeed my own email addy.

again, wtf?!? Is some tw@t using my email address as a reply-to on their spam mail?! surly that's not legal.

This is seriously annoying as this is my 'clean' email address. I don't give it out unless I am 100% sure what it's being used for, and so far it's been relatively spam-free.

Anybody experience anything similar, or know what I could do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yep, had the exact same problem. Never sent mail to the addresses that bounced. Which means that some pr*ck spammer (or even bot) not only got hold of my email address (pretty much spam free) but used it in the from header of his spam messages.

Unfortunately if this (your) address is used too often by the spammer, it (your email addy) could end up blacklisted :(

Try lookin up spamcop or something similar - they might have some tips to deal with it.

It is what it's.

Advertisement