Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Gate question

• 09-05-2003 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I feel dirty just talking about it but....

I just watched the film for the first time last week, i'm confused, how is that related to the series???

In the film they say there was just one alien seeking to cheat death and 'possessed' a human child, and when he dies one can see a big ass alien, not some little worm.

WTF loik :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I wouldnt put too much thought into it the series is a load of clap trap sh!t talk gobbledy gook that is spewed forth as long as some goon will watch it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf
    I wouldnt put too much thought into it the series is a load of clap trap sh!t talk gobbledy gook that is spewed forth as long as some goon will watch it.
    That is a DEEP critique.

And azezil - the series is only loosely based around the film. There are a lot of inconsistencies between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by azezil
    I feel dirty just talking about it but....

I just watched the film for the first time last week, i'm confused, how is that related to the series???

In the film they say there was just one alien seeking to cheat death and 'possessed' a human child, and when he dies one can see a big ass alien, not some little worm.

WTF loik :)

Ah at last I'm the first one here, I can explain it! woohoo.

Its elementary really.

The movie is set at the start. They find this cool "star gate", figure out how it works by decyphering the writing on the gate and around where they found it. They travel through it and find a completely alien world where some humans live they.

They find out about Ra and kill him cos he's evil.

But at the start of the series they realise that the stargate actually connects millions (or something) planets together and there is in fact hundreds of these aliens infesting human hosts.

Simple.

Sorry about that I have something personal against star gate.

Soz

Yeah i know how you feel, Stargate shagged my sister then ditched her, but it wasn't its fault, my sister can be very clingey.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaids
    Yeah i know how you feel, Stargate shagged my sister then ditched her, but it wasn't its fault, my sister can be very clingey.

Nah star gate stole meh bike ?!??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ivan that's the biggest load of tripe i've ever heard, but amusing none the less :)

Yeah, cos other scifi show premises are just so plausable :rolleyes:

Oh come on, several different species using human's and they all just happen to take on the role of Egypician gods. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

erm, there's only one species az..

• Advertisement

The snakes are just one species. The alien in the movie is simply an inconsistency, the series is made by different people.

Taking on the persona of Earth god's does make sense if they wanted the humans to think they were gods.

So, ner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Some of this is covered in the pilot for the TV series. They "find out" there are more gates, other Goa'uld.

In fact, the whole idea of Goa'uld symbiotes is an after thought in the movie, sometime during post-production, the movie was not what they wanted and it got re-worked slightly, the most obvious addition is the glow-eyes of RA.

...and they all just happen to use hieroglyphics and choose egyptian gods :p

they *were* the gods you tit :)

there was no egyptian civilisation without them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I didn't think it possible to troll your own forum...until now :)

Why would a technologically advanced species use primitives with sticks and stones to work their mines?

Doesn't make any sense, a technologically advanced species with ships of that size would require far more raw materials.

they have planets alll over the place, plenty of resources comin in

earth is just where humanity originated which is why it is "somewhat" important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Or perhaps the alien in the movie was the mammy?

lol, nope the one in the movie was RA
    just another system lord
    we have seen queen gu'ualds before, and they look pretty nifty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

um stargate makes a fair bit of sence
    and is the best sci-fi around now enterprise sucks (it should get better in 1-2 years)

The alien enemy use the gods of earth to make the primitive humans scared of them after all technology no matter how advanced can be beat a god cant

The movie had little to do with the stargate sg-1 prog only the stargate bit and the cast names where keep the rest has been changed around a lot
    Why would a technologically advanced species use primitives with sticks and stones to work their mines?

because a human with a gun and nuke is a hell of a lot more of a threat that a one with a stick :D
    and if ya really watch the program you notices that the system lords dont have that many ships maybe 100 between them all and earth destroyed a hell of a lot of them when they destroyed a sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Oh come on, several different species using human's and they all just happen to take on the role of Egypician gods.

...and they all just happen to use hieroglyphics and choose egyptian gods
    Ivan that's the biggest load of tripe i've ever heard, but amusing none the less :)

:ninja:

victory is mine!

;)

Advertisement