Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource Help

Options
  • 09-05-2003 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Right, my line appears to be activated at last :)

However, im having problems connecting. Im using a DLink DSL 504. Got my starter kit today and I have set up the following :

Protocol PPOE LLC
    VPI 8
    VCI 35
    Authentication PAP
    Connect on demand : enabled
    Idle Time : 0

PPP Information has an ip address and gateway set to 0.0.0.0 but there doesnt appear to be a way of changing that anyhow.

When i set it up the first time i got a message saying "PPPOE server not found". I did a factory reset and tried again now i am getting "LCP no Response".

If i look at the line condition it shows the full 512/128 bandwidth and my ADSL link light is on.

Anyone any bright ideas as Netsource dont appear to be picking up their phones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

hmm, thats looks tricky.

Do you get any good confirmation messages, or just the errors when they happen?

1) It has to get the adsl trained. seems ok.

2) Check the atm level is ok. radsl seems to not bother with oam cells, so this is skipped.

3) Send the PPPoE discovery packet and talk to the PPPoE server. seems ok, after an initial glitch.

4) Start LCP the first step in PPP. which appears to not be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I can do An ATM Loopback Test successfully also, so the line itself seems grand. Dissapointed Netsource didnt pick up their phones between 5-7, i presume they are being hit by a lot of calls. Means that i wont get any support from them till next monday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Hi mbroaders,

I was getting similar issues today,
    I have a dsl-604+ , v. similar GUI.

Try

* Going start - run - winipcfg - click on your nic adaptor - release - nenew

* Go start - settings - control panel - network - highlight your nic tcp/ip - properties - make sure obtain an ip address automatically is being used and wins is dchp and dns is disabled.

* Reset router , enter details, click modify, *dont press connect yet* change authentication to CHAP press connect ..

Strangly enough when i did this it worked, athentication shows up as PAP *now but would not connect on pap no matter what i tried earlier,

Hope this helps..
    M

Cheers for that P2P. Strangely enough that worked too when i changed it to chap....

However, i cant browse the web, wonder if im doing something stupid. Im running XP, have set the Gateway to be the internal IP address of my Router, have set up the DNS as was mentioned in another thread but i cant seem to get past the router. It has been allocated the Static IP from netsource mind you.

Any more ideas?

Get rid of the DNS,
    You dont need it,
    I havnt entered it anywhere router or tcp/ip settings and its working fine ..

Make sure all your proxies are disabled ....

M

• Advertisement

Have tried with and without the DNS settings. Havent got any proxies set up in IE at all. Frustrating when broadband is so close!

You sure you have all the other settings in right?

It could be to do with your winsock file, (then again this might only be an issue for dialup) can anyone else confirm ?

Can you ping websites ?
    Tried pinging google for example ?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Can you ping anywhere without using DNS? Try:

tracert -d 159.134.237.6

at a command prompt and see what happens. If you get all the way to 159.134.237.6 then you just have a DNS issue. If you get to 192.168.100.1 but nothing else, it looks like your router's not routing across the DSL line. If you don't even get that far, something else is wrong on your PC.

Woo! Got it working! The NAT function was disabled when i did a factory reset earlier. Sorted it out when i enabled it :) Thanks for the help lads.

Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

* Reset router , enter details, click modify, *dont press connect yet* change authentication to CHAP press connect ..

Fecking hell p2p this worked for me too, and I thought I'd have no DSL till monday!

If I was gay I'd kiss you, but I'm not so I'll just owe you a beer instead :)
    cheers.

Might be worthwhile getting yourself the latest firmware from the Dlink site also. Seems to sort a couple of issues out

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

have it, but thanks anyway.

Lol MrB

Anytime ;)

Advertisement