Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redemption Period?

Options
  • 09-05-2003 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I want to register a new domain for personal use. I spotted one I'd like, but it was already taken. The WHOIS says it expired on 29th March, and it currently has a status of REDEMPTIONPERIOD.

How long is this redemption period?

- Dave.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have a look here.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like mid-June, so.

Thanks Adam.

- Dave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No problem. If you're very keen on this domain name, you might want to look at SnapNames or similar services that try to tug names out of the roots as soon as they expire. No guarantees, but it worked for me for beecher.net, which I'd been waiting on for about three years. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats interesting. According to Snapnames Registration and Deletion Cycle, the Expiry date is between 1 and 45 days, and the redemption period is 30 days. Since its already in the redemption period, it could be available some time this month.

- Dave.

Advertisement