Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servers for ISDN user?

Options
  • 09-05-2003 7:05pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys,is it possible someone could give me ip of some goos servers ?
    Im on isdn for a while yet.Ive played on blue yonder and jolt where pings are fine for a while then shoot through the roof:(
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You can only play on 24 player servers btw. Anymore and you'll get lagged. Also in the multiplayer section set your connection type to 56k if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Play with 56k rates and its fine on jolt, even with all 32 playing for me. I Usually ping about 60 there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive just sorted my connection issue :)
    i now find if u filter tne name of the server u wanna play on ,ie JOLT etc in game and not HLSW or All seeing eye and set to 56k my pings are great.
    Ive just finished a 32 player game on Jolt with pings between 50-80 :)
    which imo is superb for 64k isdn.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Using Jolt, Barrys and EAUK servers. And I have played on the 64 player servers (on EAUK) late in the evening with only a little lag :)

The only problem I have is its too bloody addictive so far two sessions till 5am playing this. (and I still can't fly the planes to save my life but my fav tank is the T34..... mmmmm kill thoses Tigers :p)

Gandalf.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers guys yeah JOLT Barrys etc are great :)
    Well 24 player only servers is not the case for me,ive played on 64 player ones and got 90 ping no hassle.
    32 player seem the best IMO 40-80 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    You can only play on 24 player servers btw. Anymore and you'll get lagged. Also in the multiplayer section set your connection type to 56k if you haven't already.

I can play on the 64 player nVidia servers when connected at 128Kps via ISDN, with an acceptable amount of lag.

Matt

Advertisement