Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win Xp Profile Sizes

Options
  • 09-05-2003 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Ok this is my story I have a laptop running XP Pro not on a network just standalone, I have noticed that my profile size has rised to 12mb all I have on my desktop is a few short cut icons is this a normal profile size or will it cause my laptop to run slower as the profile is so big??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

My current win2k profile is about 800 megs. haven't noticed any speed hit.

You've probably got quite a few temp files (see c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\temp) or your internet cache is taking up some space. Wouldn't worry about it unless you feel the need to backup your profile to a floppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

I would'nt worry about a profile slowing down your PC. My profile is 2407 MB's and don't notice anything slower. Its when your in the network atmosphere where you have roaming profiles, large profiles slow down the logging on process

Advertisement