Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will somebody plz make me forums?

Options
  • 09-05-2003 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I need some1 to make me forums because i am hopeless... The way i want the forums to look are... (go to my website www.smurfs.tk) and click on forums.. and i have the layout the way i want them.. if any1 could make them it would be great...
    Please?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If that's a free host you're on, I doubt very much you can set up PHPBB on it, you'll need to use a freebie forum instead.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭IrishKelt

Thanks for ur advice but i will get a host that will allow it.. I just need the forums? So plz any1 willing to help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

there are loads of free forums for download off the net, do a search in google.
    It depends on the hosting you have, does it support ASP or PHP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

n1 on the webbie there kelt, look smuch better than the old nbk site ;) i dunno bout how to help u on the forums, at TOD we just use a freebie ezboard one but it sucks :( Ill b using phpbb as soon as i get a decent host tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

http://www.hosting365.iehttp://www.hosting365.ie
    Offer phpBB2 with all linux hosting packages. Basic Linux is 12.95 per month I think. I've used them without any problems for past couple of months.

Lesson to be learned by some of the US companies, if you give good quality of service you won't have to spend as much on support.

• Advertisement

hey thx lads 4 ur tryin to help... But any1 make me the ones that i have at www.smurfs.tk (i just made the layout no links):confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Get your site set up and phpBB installed and I'll do it for you.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

you'd definityly be able to do that yourself when you have phpbb installed, all ur have to do is change the main logo through the bb's own menus, no editing needed at all. And those text links at the top left only take ya a sec.

Give it a go anyway.

Ah the smurfs are class.

Originally posted by IrishKelt
    (i just made the layout no links):confused:

Kelt,
    Judging by your posts in this thread, and i mean no offence by this, you don't have a clue what phpBB2 is? Neither did I up until about 6 months ago. The stuff you have coded on your website you have obviously click n pasted off another boards?

You don't code phpBB2 from scratch, it comes in a package that you install and then customise. Your current host (bravenet)doesn't seem to support PHP so i'm not sure if you are proficient in it. Your host needs to support some side of server side scripting to support Forums (don't someone go posting some reinventing the wheel post about how you could do it if the moon was aligned with venus and your grandfather was your father's brother.:) ).

The server side scripting used to make the forum which has the look and feel that the template you have put up is PHP. the are free hosts that support PHP. You will also need a MySQL database to support that type of forum.

Regards,
    Steve.

Yeah i dont have a clue what PhPbb is all about? I unzipped all the **** but theres so much i dont kno where 2 start? Im hopeless.. I am trying and i will give it another go but how do i make everything a link in this? I have all the stuff uploaded in my site i think now but nothin is happening,....

• Advertisement

PLEASE NOTE: Bravepages website hosting accounts support Perl, CGI, PHP, Python and MYSQL at the Gold level only.

You CAN'T run PHPBB on Bravenet unless you are on the gold plan.

Uploading the files will do nothing, it won't work.

Yeah i have a new free host with no ads or nothin... Trekpulse but.. But i just havent uploaded my site on it.. Im gonna upload it 2marro..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Click Here

great site you have ;)

Yeah it took me fukin ages to make that site then what happens :confused: Some fukin clan taut they would copy me! :mad: All my fukin hard work and then what happens huh? :(

Advertisement