Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy little thing called love

• 09-05-2003 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here's the deal...I think i'm in love...
    There's this girl and she is amazing and whenever i see her i get weak and feel like either getting sick or breaking into song..She is funny, smart, beautiful and just great in every way possible. We have similar interests and get on really well. I was just gonna work up the courage to ask her to maybe spend some time with me so we could get to know each other...BUT....she has gone back home down the country since last week and i don't have a number or anything.

I can't stop thinking about her, and am left with only a few options. Do I
    a)Find and Ask her friends for her number and maybe appear like a stalker
    b) Forget about her because i'll just go crazy if i can't find her
    c) wait till the end of the summer and hope she has not fallen for some1 else,
    d) something else?

What to do? Is this love?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

i think thats a good call by mercury, only thing is its gonna be real hard to start/ explain anything on a phone and a burgeoning relationship needs two to be together, so maybe develop the whole friendship thing over the summer rather than just launching it on her over the phone-which could go horribly wrong. her friends getting the idea across seems a better notion :)
    good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

aside: We need a "Help, what do I do when ... " FAQ for teenage daters...

Either get her number from her friends, or ask them when she's coming back up, or forget about it.

I am of the opinion that long distance relationships do not work (others may disagree). But if you're the age I suspect you are (<18) then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

good luck.
    Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

One woman's romantic is another woman's
    stalker. It's impossible to be totally sure
    you won't come off too strong so I'd just go
    for it. At the same time don't be too freeky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If you try get in touch ( and she actually does like you ) then im sure she would be glad at the trouble you went to...on the other hand if she doesnt like you / likes you as a friend you would come across as a bit odd....anywho what have you got to loose ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You mightn't realize it, but you come across as such a cliché for teenagers worldwide. Everyone in the world goes through this crap as a young adult, you're just going to have to slog through it like everyone else. It's part of growing up. Eventually (and sooner than you think) you'll get this girl out of your head and after a while you'll laugh at yourself for being such a typical idealistic naive teenage kid. "She is funny, smart, beautiful, blah blah" - how long have you known this girl? Probably not long enough.

This is not love, this is infatuation. If you still feel the same when she comes back, ask her to do something together (as friends if you're nervous). You probably won't though (listen to the voices of experience).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why does no-one break into song these days, it could be so romantic (unless you like death metal I presume).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Originally posted by Gordon
    Why does no-one break into song these days, it could be so romantic (unless you like death metal I presume).

My Love for you is ticking clock ..... BES.ERK..ERRRRRR

Lovesick, rent "Clerks", learn the song. That will wooo her..

Girl think Sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Give the guy a break!! He might turn out to be one of the lucky ones.....

If ya leave it too long your chance will be gone, she'll have moved on or you'll just wind up being great friends.

If you appear like a stalker, so what ? you'll never have to see her again if ya don't want to...... of course the guys are correct to a certain extent. All women are indeed evil :D , but there may well be one or two normal ones left out there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Be warned... you will most likely got insanely disheartened with her when you get to know her better. People "without flaws" are usually just decent at hiding them... or you just haven't noticed them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ask for her number.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

a sounds the best, doubt theyd think your a stalker but they would definatly guess u like her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh, ask her friends for her number. You won't appear like a stalker. If you really don't want to appear like a stalker just tell them you thought she was nice (actually, don't use "nice", people don't like that word any more, curtains are "nice") or that you liked her and you'd like to get in touch. You could just give one of them your number and ask them to give it to her but some girls may still (even in this modern age) be slow to ring a guy first.

Do NOT tell them (or her) that you think she's sex on a stick (or as you implied, the most wonderful person you've ever met). Do that and you'll appear like a stalker.

Don't make a big deal of it (as if you do they may not give you the number). Option c is always available if you don't get it.

It's easy for you kids these days (says the 28 year old). In my younger days, people didn't have their own phones, no-one had email and asking for a number was a big deal. These days, no-one thinks twice about handing their number out.

<grin>I'm curious as to what kind of songs you feel like spurting out when you see her. Wonderful Tonight? Shut up and sleep with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Use your instinct and don't ignore it.

If your first reaction on evaluation of the variables available is to do (x), then do that, before you allow too many wierd ideas to prattle about on your initial reactions.

Instinct is a reaction developed over billions of years, that ostensibly keeps you safe, secure, well fed, and keeps a roof over your head.

Extreme example : Someone offer's Typedef heroin at a dance party. Instinct tells me not to take it, the first reaction I have, peer pressure gets to work after that, in an attempt to soften instinctive reaction.

Conclusion. You already know the answer to your question, so don't make a dog's arse of it by overanalysing and rationalising a course of action you fundamentally know to be spurious.

Basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lopht

Originally posted by Typedef
    Use your instinct and don't ignore it.

on evaluation of the variables available is to do (x),

Ok im new here but i bet your a programmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Grimes
    My Love for you is ticking clock ..... BES.ERK..ERRRRRR

Lovesick, rent "Clerks", learn the song. That will wooo her..

Girl think Sexy

brilliant....
    i'd continue on with the lyrics but i'd get banned!

i'd go with everyone else, check out from her friends, get her number if she doesnt reply what can you do, nothing ventured nothig gained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by lovesick
    a)Find and Ask her friends for her number and maybe appear like a stalker
    How about asking for her e-mail, it's a lot less clichéed. Or ask her friend to pass on your number - this doesn't put the friend in an awkward position of refusing her number and cuts down the stalker effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by sceptre
    <grin>I'm curious as to what kind of songs you feel like spurting out when you see her. Wonderful Tonight? Shut up and sleep with me?

"Do you fúck on first date?,
    Does your dad own a brewery,
    Can I feel your títs,
    or will you show them to me..............."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bigthicko

Usually if you're head over heels in love it ends up bad...she'll probably never be who you think she is...or perhaps I'm just a bitter old cynic...

Advertisement