Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which MMORPG is going to be the one?

Options
  • 09-05-2003 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

So with all the new games coming out which one do you think will be the new EQ?

This year I think it will be SW:G. No matter how crap it turns out to be, the Star Wars name will make it a force ( no pun intended) to be reckoned with. This game is not just going to pull players from the current MMORPGs but will also attract the Star Wars fanatics like moths to a flame. I so hope SoE pull this off I really do as if it sucks it will be such a wasted oppertunity.

While Planetside look like a really fun game and does seem to be kick ass from what Im hearing from the beta testers, I just cant see it making it in the big leagues. I know it will sell by the truck load but I cant see the user base staying for very long as its just not a MMORPG at the end of the day. Also once HL2, Deus Ex2 and Doom3 come out alot of the player will migrate. It may well be the best online FPS ever but its also gonna be the only one you have to pay a subsription to play.

World of warcraft when its released next year could kick serious ass. Blizzards support for there games is awsome and its free so I can only imagine what sort of service they will provide for a fee. This game could really show other developers up and show how CS is supposed to be done. Sadly the GFX put me off this game as they just look far to cartoony for my tastes. Blizzard never fail to deliver kick ass games and there games are released when there ready so hopefully the usual promised content will be good to go right out of the box and not patched in months later.

Warhammer Online is a game Iv waited to play for the last 20 years. If its half as good as they claim, It may be the last game I ever buy :) I cant see myself not playing this one. The mythos for the Warhammer is more detailed than any other fantasy franchise, and background is what lets so many MMORPGs down badly.

Shadowbane in my book is just to late on the scene. The fact that the GFX look so dated is gonna stop this from getting the players it needs to break into the big leagues. I know GFX are not the be all and end all of a game but god there just soooo bad, I cant get past they and I doubt Ill be the only one.

AC2. Next.

Horizons. This could be the outside that does really really well. Interesting races (you can play a dragon ffs) and some very cool ideas will make this game, one to watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I have to agree with you on SW: G. If its anyway decent then its name is going to bring it huge crowds. I'm hoping ShadowBane does well, if I had more spare time I'd love to get into it. Can't cast much judgement on AC2 as I haven't really looked into it. But the developers will surely have learned a thing or two with AC1 and its got a fairly big fan base from the first game. I'm downloading planetside beta as we talk and hoping its as good as everyone is saying it is. I'm also thinking of giving neocron a go now considering you can dl the engine for free and get 10 days free trial off their website now.

Advertisement