Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iexplore favourites

• 09-05-2003 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

is there an easy way to save your internet explorer favourites so they can be exported to another o.s./ machine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

just search 'favorites' (think its in c:/windows/fav's) and all your links will be inside. copy them to floppy/cdr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

File | Export | Export faves | Export to file

then

File | Import | Import faves | Import from file

(btw, no, I don't use IE, just help ppl change to Mozilla.)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

lovely. cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I just right click on the menu hit "explore" which launches windows explorer to the correct folder. I simply copy whats there to the other machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the export is handier, as you are just transfering one html file as apposed to each individiual url file, if ya have loads of book marks you'll have loads.

It also makes it a hell of a lot easier importing them to both IE or any other browser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

E-backup is great for favourites, backups all ur folders and settings, i highly recommend it, saved me much time :) you can get it at download.com

Advertisement