Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rofl... Ireland should really do this.

• 30-05-2000 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Still can't believe it.

I am moving to a new apartment soon, so I'm checking through the one bedrooms available and a lot list "T-1" as standard.

So the main place I'm intrested in at the moment (Has 2 T-1 connectors in living room, and one in the bedroom + gym, etc) I rang up, and I asked exactly how much is the T-1 connection going to cost?

$29 a month. ROFL biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Biiiiiiiiiiiyatch.

guess what i'm waiting for, gwan

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

If I give u a really really long cable....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You cúnting Bástard. I thought it was some stupid american thing I could laugh @, but No, it had to be something good.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

YES.........ROFL INDEED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

smile.gif..if i can get that kinda connect on there i don't think i'll ever come home smile.gif..

/me drools smile.gif..

got any good house/apartmet websites der hobbes?

Ro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sorry, I forgot all about this... Here is information a friend gave me on finding an apartment.

(I have to break this up into sections for some reason the whole thing on it's own won't post?)

weeeeeelll.....lessee....apartments. hehe First, the closer you are to
    Boston, the MUCH more expensive it will be. I'm sure you figured that out smile.gif If your job is in Boston still, and you have to move out of the city,
    you'll need to move to a town that's on the rail lines, hmm? smile.gif Sooo, I'd
    say check http://www.mbta.com which is the website for the commuter and T lines. That way you can see on that site, which towns have rail access. I know down here in Fall River they haven't converted the tracks yet, so the closest station is Middleboro, 30 minutes away. frown.gif

(and the rest of it)

Possibly the apartments closest to commuter stations will cost more, I don't really know. frown.gif But you know how they usually make you pay for the convenience, eh? :P

If you have NO idea where any of the towns you see on the mbta site are, grab www.mapquest.com and look up Massachusetts smile.gif THEN, you can go to http://www.rent.net to look for apartments. It's real easy to follow...just punch in your info and it searches for you.

I would recommend a look thru whatever papers you can get your hands on, rentals are listed in the classified section. Boston Globe will only really show you boston and the suburbs...but mebbe you can find a real good deal. It happens smile.gif

I think a studio apartment will run on average 300- 500 dollars a month, some with heat and hot water included, some not. It's worth it to look for one with that stuff included. Also, some people will rent a room out of their house...that can work well too...if you find nice people. smile.gif

I really could ramble on and on about all this...if you want me to help you
    look around, thru papers or whatnot...let me know...having just done all
    this a few months ago, I can probably find some options for you.

Lastly...have you checked with the Irish Cultural Center in Canton? They
    are around specifically to help Irish citizens get US citizenship, find
    apartments, get jobs, etc. It might be worth it to check and see if they
    have any better ideas for you or have more connections, whatever. smile.gifhttp://www.irishculture.com is the site....if you want to check it out, or find a number.

Try the IrishCulture web site, it has a page which explains in detail what you should have with you when coming over.

Yo hobbes,

as i'm arriving in chicago if you could help it would be deadly etc, i'm arriving on monday and can't wait to arrive any advice /help you could give be much freatfull for. Mates are having hard time to rent for 3-4 months period for some reason..

i've a job in san fran so a mate says hehe smile.gif>. if u can think of anything paulfitz@netsoc.ucd.ie or paul@playerofgames.com to get in touch with me, i'd be very greatful anything u lookin for brought over???

Ro

Ronin check that Irish web site.

The main problem with renting is that you find is you need a credit history in the US. Something which I haven't even got. What I do is get work to act as sponser with acting as support.

You also need a tenant history as well. This is normally supplied by your previous landlord.

Basically you have to prove that you won't stiff them or turn thier apartment into a crack house.

Another site to check is.. http://www.iicenter.org/visas.html

Can't be much more help except you'll be lucky to get anything in the boston city center.

smile.gif.cheers,

lucky I'm going to chicago wink.gif..

sisters mate lives there so maybe he'll be able to help out, might be staying with him in the first place so thats cool..

now all i need is a job smile.gif..

Ro

• Advertisement
Advertisement