Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Gallery and Blog Software

Options
  • 10-05-2003 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some sort of software to manage a photo gallery. The PhotoPost software that boards uses is nice but I don't want to splash out the licence fee. Does anyone know if there is any opensource equivalent?

I also want to run a blog and am looking for good blog software? If I could get blog software that integrates with photo gallery software that would be soupwerb.

This is for my trip to the states in June so i would like to keep costs down. I only have one MySQL database too which might be a problem. if all comes to all I'll buy an extra MySQL dbase or two.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Hey Steve,

I tralled through a few pages at hotscripts.com last week looking for a good photo gallery program too. If you're looking for a php/mySQL solution, the best free one I came across was the 4images gallery. It's very impressive for a freeware app, and packed with features. Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks peter. I'll have a look at that, I'd love to get a piece of software that has both blog and gallery in it though, that would make things so much easier.

Does anyone know if i'll need to get another Database?
    I'm already running phpBB2 on my existing MySQL database.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

You won't need another database. It'll just create the tables in the same database. You can add comments to photos, and you can set it to sort by date added etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

can't you just put whatever new tables you require into u're existing database...? well so long as there are no table name clashes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

If I don't have a spare database kicking around I tend to use Grey Matter (here ) - it uses Perl and has a mod for producing image galleries.

Advertisement