Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony ericsson T6i10

• 10-05-2003 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi

does anybody have anyidea when the Sont ERicson t610 will be released here???

will it be released by the ned of the summer??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I've been told its still 2 months away ...

I have mine on pre-order with Expansys .....Cant wait to get my hands on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

T610 units started shiping last week to some territories (e.g. Dubai - re: www.esato.com forums) - so depends how they roll it out - hopefully SIM Free units won't be too far away

always found hanging off ordering from expansys.com until their first shipment clears can save a bit of cash as they trend to set the price high on the first batch (or two) of units they recieve - but then depends how bad you want it of course :)

as to when it's released by the operators here - it's anyone's guess (unless you work for them)

BrianG

Just got a maiol . The T610 will be available from next week through the States for $480 plus P&P ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Where/what site will it be available form in the states??

• Advertisement

Found a good image for comparison of size ..

Did you guys know this about the t610???

-you can add effects while taking a photo. this is; sepia, b&w and so in real time.

-it has a super picture editor. you can edit any kind of image (photos or backgrounds) and rotate or add effects (emboss, blur, erosion.....).

AND MOST IMPORTANT...
    -when bluetooth pairing with another device (say a siemens s55), you have a "browse" option and you can browse internal folder list of the s55 and then pick up files and move them to the t610. (this means we'll be able to use external bluetooth hard drives or memories!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

I cant wait to get my hands on one..
    I.m headin to the states next month...i'll try and pick up a sim free one over there

They are so much better than Nokia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

good to hear nice things about ericsson :-)

Well guys , my order is in , The T610 should be here , In my sweaty palm by next Wedensday .....

• Advertisement

cool :cool:

it's super phone - dug out some pics - did you get the Aluminium version - was my favourite (blue was ok too but red was a bit much!)

t610_cebit03_front_devices.ie.jpg

wonder how the battery performs with the flash - but it's a great option for anyone who thinks they will use the camera a lot

t610_cebit03_back_with_flash_devices.ie.jpg

the accessory that got me is the bluetooh headset MP3 player - it was small and neat - with a scrolling display on the top edge

hbm30_cebit03_front_devices.ie.jpg

BrianG.

Hi Brian , Ordered the Blue one . Like the MP3 / Headphone combo . You dont have the model , havent seen it on SE site !!!

Did you have the T610 ?
    First impressions ??

no not yet - waiting for mPhone.co.uk to get it in

had a demo and some hands-on time with one - wasn't sure about it when the pictures were first released - but seeing it in real life and using it for a while it won me over

they have a great article and interview in their Q1/03 product portfolio with the designer (Erik Ahlgren) - a quote from it really hits home on it's design "Actually the T610 doesn't have a single straight line. Even though the total effect isn't curved at all"

enjoy it when it arrives :)

BrianG

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

is anyone got a date when you can buy sim free everybody is just taking back orders any ideas when actually relaeased

i did notice expansys.com put up a product news item yesterday saying they expect it within 3 weeks

people on esato.com were giving many varied dates for a UK release - but as it has really begun shipping in some territories it shouldn't be too much longer (i hope to pick one up first week in june in the UK - so keeping my fingers crossed it will be available by then)

BrianG

I stand corrected Brian . The Blue was sold out so they are sending the Aluminum instead .. Will be here Monday morning ...

May have to take a half day to test it out !

honestly the Aluminum version was the nicest imo :cool:

enjoy monday :)

BrianG

Got the T610 this morning . Anly getting to play with it now ..

First impressions .. Well dont think I'll be looking for another phone for quite a while .. Menues are superb as are the ringtones , voice is fine with no humming .

More to follow

were did you purchase it from I have ordered one from espansys but it says on the site three weeks what is the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Mines on the way from germany as we speak.

i've heard that the hissing sound has been fixed on all phones now being manufactured. I'm not sure about mine yet, but hopefully.

i also saw a sweedish site selling them pretty cheap www.clickonline.com - probablly cheaper than the contract price when they arrive in Ireland.

Ro

• Advertisement

Just looked at the site you suggested and i dont see any mobile phones any ideas

Sorry, its www.clickontime.com.

Ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

www.clubsonyericsson.com has some useful info on it
    loads of nice pics too

were in Germany did you order it from as that swedish site does not ship to Ireland

I've got one for sale if anyone is interested.

Ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

DubW, this one's for you ;)

It is unfortunate that there is such a lag between availability of handsets here & abroad, but it's for a good reason.

The T610 was failed by Vodafone Ireland a couple of weeks ago. However, it was recently approved & sold by Vodafone UK & Vodafone Spain. There has since been a 60% failure rate of the phone in those markets :)

Vodafone Ireland won't be releasing it *anytime* soon.

thanks ;)

i'd be holding out for the UK SIM free model (minus all the Vodafone manipulation) - which still hasn't been released yet :(

i was reading there is a Vodafone customised T610 released there with it's own sw/style/branding - i'd have thought adding operator manipluations into the mix would add in an extra layer of issues that could arise?

thanks for the update,
    BrianG

I have the vodafone T610 and what a cool phone this is buy buy buy thats what I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The handset is being lauched soon by Vodafone, it is being launched under there Live! service. As far as I know it is in testing!!

• Advertisement

just catching up with esato.com - a post on monday last week highlighted SE's position/response on the T610 and the hissing problem - appears to be a fault in some of their initial production runs - bad situation - but good to see them jump on it and admit it publically

was the hissing the reason it failed in Ireland?

looks like June 10 is the (latest) availablility date of the (natural/nonbranded) UK model according to mphone.co.uk

BrianG

Advertisement