Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony ericsson T6i10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by DubWireless
    i was reading there is a Vodafone customised T610 released there with it's own sw/style/branding - i'd have thought adding operator manipluations into the mix would add in an extra layer of issues that could arise?
    Nah, it's nothing too intrusive. Just some light customisation i.e. a red menu system, embedded Live! & Favourites icons, etc. There's a Vodafone Live! emblem on the back cover & the words Vodafone Live! imprinted in red on the bottom of the front cover.
    was the hissing the reason it failed in Ireland?
    It was only one of the reasons. There were some Live! problems & the Communications suite wouldn't install unless you had Microsoft Outlook on your PC.

The latest model has been delivered & is currently under test. The new model eliminates the hiss by lowering the resistance to the speaker, more voltage, better clarity... or so I'm told. Anyways, it works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Nah, it's nothing too intrusive. Just some light customisation i.e. a red menu system, embedded Live! & Favourites icons, etc. There's a Vodafone Live! emblem on the back cover & the words Vodafone Live! imprinted in red on the bottom of the front cover.

there's a good post (by someone called magwe) in this thread about all the Voda modifictions - compared to a natural T610 it sound's pretty heavily branded (other posts have had people out with nail polish remover trying to get the physical logos off!!) - 5 direct ways to connect to Vodafone Live! seems excessive...
    It was only one of the reasons. There were some Live! problems & the Communications suite wouldn't install unless you had Microsoft Outlook on your PC.

i thought maybe the hiss had, unknown to the operators, entered into some of the production runs - absolutely the flaw shouldn't have been there in the first place - but if it was in the test units they had that reflects badly on them passing it as fit with a pretty major flaw

maybe this is the reason SE have delayed/held back releasing the UK SIM free unit?

the T68i wouldn't let you install the comms suite if Outlook wasn't install etiher - as it needed Outlook installed on the PC to work (for the contacts/calendar sync and sms integration)

The latest model has been delivered & is currently under test. The new model eliminates the hiss by lowering the resistance to the speaker, more voltage, better clarity... or so I'm told. Anyways, it works :)

cool :)

would be turned off by the operator changes to the handset the guy on esato outlined in his post, sounds OTT

thanks for the info,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Specifically for Fideles!

Are you a Vodafone "monkey" too?? I am in Dundalk, more specifically are ur initials A O'R???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by DubWireless
    people out with nail polish remover trying to get the physical logos off!
    That's understandable. Personally, if I had paid through the nose for a phone, I wouldn't be too fond of having those operator logo's on it. They really do take away from the sleek silver look of the phone.
    5 direct ways to connect to Vodafone Live! seems excessive
    Yeah :) I'm not sure if the shortcuts can be re-directed to other functions, I'll have a look when I get the chance.
    if it was in the test units they had that reflects badly on them passing it as fit with a pretty major flaw
    Exactly. You would think that the units they send out for approval are of the highest quality. Obviously not in this case!
    the T68i wouldn't let you install the comms suite if Outlook wasn't install etiher
    Interesting, I wasn't aware of that, thanks!

Nope Jesus, sorry ;)

Advertisement