Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorable Star Trek Quotes

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ruu wrote: »
    who could forget Data :)

"Captain, i believe i am speaking for everyone when i say, to hell with our orders"
    Thought that line was particularly cringeworthy myself, particularly followed by all the gimpy smug smiling at eachother afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

lol, yeah I think Data lost a lot of his charm when he got the emotion chip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Can't believe no-one mentioned the classic one at the end of star trek X,

(Geordi, I think )"Sir the Romulans are hailing us,"
    (Picard) "On Screen, eh.. open a channel"
    Having realised there is a gaping hole when the view screen used to be.

Or rikers double blow in first contact

(worf) "the defiant?"
    (Picard) "Adrift but salvagable"
    (riker) "tough little ship"
    (worf) "little?"
    (picard) "Mr. Worf we could use some help at tactical"
    (riker) "you do remember how to fire phaser's?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Riker: You do an end run around me again, I'll snap you back so hard, you'll think you're a first year cadet again

...deffo my all time favorite. In fact, that entire exchange with Shelby is my all time favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

''Prepare for ramming speed!''

Worf, First Contact.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Woden wrote: »

They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back, the line must be drawn here, this far, no further and I will make them pay for what they've done

(Dramatic smashing of lovely case with golden enterprise's)

Am a big fan of that, He delivers that line very well

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

In the episode Devil's Due:
    Data: *hits gavel* The advocate will refrain from making her opponent disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pretty much anything by Garak.

Dr. Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle.
    Elim Garak: But I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sisko: At 0800 Hours station time, the Romulan Empire formally declared war on the Dominion. They have already struck fifteen bases along the Cardassian border. So this is a huge victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire war. There is even a 'Welcome to the Fight' party tonight in the ward room. So... I lied; I cheated; I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men; I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all is... I think I can live with it. And if I'd have to do it all over again... I would. Garak was right about one thing...a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it...because I can live with it. [pauses] I can live with it. [pauses] Computer, erase that entire personal log.

Quark: Let me tell you something about hu-mons, nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working... but take away their creature comforts deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers... put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same, friendly, intelligent, wonderful people will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon. You don't believe me? Look at those faces. Look in their eyes.

Worf: Assimilate this!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Woden wrote: »
    They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back, the line must be drawn here, this far, no further and I will make them pay for what they've done
    Brilliant.

Kiith wrote: »
    Sisko: At 0800 Hours station time, the Romulan Empire formally declared war on the Dominion. They have already struck fifteen bases along the Cardassian border. So this is a huge victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire war. There is even a 'Welcome to the Fight' party tonight in the ward room. So... I lied; I cheated; I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men; I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all is... I think I can live with it. And if I'd have to do it all over again... I would. Garak was right about one thing...a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it...because I can live with it. [pauses] I can live with it. [pauses] Computer, erase that entire personal log.
    Best episode of all the treks, as far as I'm concerned.

Miles O'Brien: Bollix. (Can't remember which episode).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

An even better O'Brien quote is from the episode they work with the Jem Hadar:

Omet'iklan: I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life.
    Jem'Hadar: Victory is life!
    [the Jem'Hadar march out. O'Brien turns to face the assembled Federation officers]
    O'Brien: I am Chief Miles Edward O'Brien. I am very much alive, and I intend to stay that way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

An even better O'Brien quote is from the episode they work with the Jem Hadar:

Omet'iklan: I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life.
    Jem'Hadar: Victory is life!
    [the Jem'Hadar march out. O'Brien turns to face the assembled Federation officers]
    O'Brien: I am Chief Miles Edward O'Brien. I am very much alive, and I intend to stay that way.

Yep that is a really good quote I have to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Kiith wrote: »

Quark: Let me tell you something about hu-mons, nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working... but take away their creature comforts deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers... put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same, friendly, intelligent, wonderful people will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon. You don't believe me? Look at those faces. Look in their eyes.

I love that bloody line

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

"Naomi Wildman, sub unit of Ensign Wildman, state your intention"

Brilliant. :)

Kinda forgot about Voyager there for a while. Been working my way through TNG. My favourite quote from TNG isn't in here, but I can't remember what it is. I know that sounds thick, but I'll know it when I see it. There's a good one with Data and Worf:

Data: "How is your diplomatic assignment progressing?"
    Worf (agitated): "Fine!"
    Data: "I have heard that in moments of diplomatic tension it is often helpful to find elements of commonality"
    Worf: "Ambassador Bileth is demanding, tempermental and rude"
    Data: "You share all of those qualities in abundance! Perhaps you should try to build on your similarities"
    *pats Worf on the shoulder twice then walks off*

From Season 7, Episode 2 (Liasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Cop: What is your name ?
    Kid: " My name is James Tiberius Kirk "

from star trek 2009 trailier , yes its cheesy as f**k , but i heard this and i was like ..........yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ! star trek is back !

o.k some more .

star trek 3

Kirk: "You're suffering from a Vulcan mind-meld, Doctor."
    McCoy: "That green-blooded son-of-a-bitch. It's his revenge for all the
    arguments he lost."

and
    Kirk: "You Klingon bastards, you've killed my son!"

star trek 5

James T. Kirk: Damn it Bones, you're a doctor. You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with the wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. [to Sybok] I don't want my pain taken away! I need my pain!

and i do this every time ........but i have do to it again ..............

James T. Kirk: What does God need with a Starship?

........ oh and the theard is over, the best qoute has been posted .

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

cant believe this hasnt been said yet

The Trouble with Tribbles

MCCOY: The nearest thing I can figure out is they're born pregnant, which seems to be quite a time saver.
    KIRK: I know, but really
    MCCOY: And from my observations, it seems they're bi-sexual

LOL classic bones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Ok so its probably not the best quote ever, but its pretty good and is the only one that comes to mind right now. Also, apologies because i can't remember it exactly.
    The setting is Quark's Bar during the episode The Way of the Warrior. Quark and Garak are contemplating their fate on the eve of possible destruction by the Klingons.

Quark: I want you to try something
    (Pours Garrak some root-beer. Garrak drinks.)
    Garrak: Its disgusting
    Quark: I know. Its so bubbly and cloy and happy.
    Garak: Just like the Federation.
    Quark: And you know the worst part? If you drink enough of it you begin to like it.
    Garak: Just like the Federation. (Pause) Do you think they'll be able to save us.
    Quark: I hope so.

Also, anything by Khan
    "They say revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold...in space"
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

Worf: I must protest sir, I am not a Merry Man!

And my personal favorite:

Q Jr. (to Neelix): You! Bar-Rodent! Bring me another drink!

Advertisement