Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A7N8X sound problem

• 10-05-2003 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just upgarded my pc, new mobo, cpu, ram and Hdd.

The mobo, A7n8x Deluxe, has a built in sound card with 6channel sound, or so they say. I've hooked it up to my existing creative 5.1 speakers. When I test it I can't get sound from the center channel. I get sub and 4 channels but not the centre. I checked the speaker by pluggin into the right channel and it works fine.

Has anybody else come across this problem or know what might be causing it?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

the a7n8x only has a 5.1 decoder. i never read anything about 6.1....anyway i have my 5.1 speaker steup here and it runs grand..sure the centre speaker is plugged in right? connections? and if they are - install the nforce control panel utility and have a play about, in that you can change all the settings etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I have the A7N8X and 5.1 creative speakers. The front speakers will work fine but no responce from the rear. If i switch the connections i get sound from the rear but not from the front. Erm suppose playin around with settings is in order ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Its all in the settings. Try disable dolby surround and see what effect that has. If you speakers have an digital connection, use the same on the motherboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SemperFi

Sorry Aragorn but I never said 6.1 sound, it's 5.1 sound which is 6 speaker - 5 sattelites and a sub woofer.

Anyway back to the point, I've set it to 6 speaker in the nforce control panel and get nothing. It worked fine with my soundblaster live 5.1 card.

I've messed around with the Premix volume settings and no matter what I can't get anything from the centre. The sub woofer works fine so the connection is ok.

I wonder how many other people are having trouble with this sound card????

Thanks stan but that dont work neither.

If I turn on create LFE channel and put the cross over frequency to max, then I get a very weak muffled sound from centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I disabled my onboard nvidia sound and just kept the soundblaster settings using my soundblaster, but prior to this I just kept adjusting the nvidia software setting on the nforce control panel even though I did not really know what I was doing I used a process of elimination to get all the speakers producing sound,

I pulled the jack for the center/subwoofer out about 3mm from connection on pc and now I get sound from center and sub. It's not the cable. So it must be the connector on the mobo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Have a look here. The ultimate source of info on the A7N8X.

They'll even show you how to make a Harvey Wallbanger with it :rolleyes:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I found the same thing with the front audio jack, you have to pull it out so its not fully in to get sound in both sides of your headfones. All in all its a great mobo, but the sound was annoying me a bit - im only getting sound to 2 speakers. Only the green connection is working for any sound output.

NOW I have a sound card problem!! My drivers won't install properly and my system keeps saying

The drivers were not installed sucessfully. Reason:
    ‘Data is invalid’

*sigh*

help :(

• Advertisement

Advertisement