Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Streambox VCR suite and Proxy servers.

Options
  • 10-05-2003 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

To explain, this program was designed to download streamed media but can also download regular files as well. So I've trying to download files thru this program at work but it appears the proxy server may be preventing me from acomplishing my goal. Streamed stuff (RA) etc comes across fine at work even with the proxy server but other stuff just hangs.

Just to make sure I've tried to download the same files (zip files mainly) at home with streambox and they've all come across fine, but when I try the same thing at work it usually ends up being aborted.

So my question is would it make sence that this program is set-up to download streamed media but not to download 'normal' stuff due to proxy server restrictions? If not then can anyone suggest what might be preventing the transfer?

Thanks!

Advertisement