Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple downloads in Internet Explorer ?

Options
  • 10-05-2003 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way to increase the number similtaneous downloads in I.E. from just 2? I had a look thru the internet-options tab but I couldn't find anything about this. Netscape used to allow you to do about 16(?) so I guess there must be some way to set this up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

to answer your question... google is your friend.

try using a download manager

Download Accelerator Plus

Download Mage

Flash Get

there's loads to be had. try looking around download.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thanks for the suggestion WM, but I need to be able to do it without messing around with the registry or installing new software.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You can only do it those ways I'm afraid Pigman. If you're not comfortable tinkering with the registry, then you shouldn't; but if you're ok with it, it's actually a very simple procedure. It's even documented in the MS KB; see result three here.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thanks dahamasta. From a know-how point of view I'm quite happy to alter the registry but in this case it is a work computer so I'd be a bit apprensive about changing things that the IT people would probably rather be left well alone.

I haven't checked yet either but I wouldn't be suprised if they hadn't already put some password restrictions on changing the registry anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

As one of those very same IT people I say f**k the bastards install what you want.

l0pht crack their paswords if needs be!

From my experience in IT Helpdesks I think if you keep it in reason and know what your about they won't have any problem with the odd bit of software here and there installed.

=rez=

p.s. I use GetRight for past few years have no problems with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement