Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT - cap

Options
  • 10-05-2003 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Does anyone know if esat enforce the cap ?

and how long does it take them to install after you send away the forms ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i would guess they will enforce the cap if you break it by so much say 500 meg or so other wise whats the point of haveing it their

if you read the forums abit you notices a few post about their 256kbs adsl services and it being a pain in the arse to get installed :confused: if i remember right it was said that only like 30 people where connected

although i have gotten a email asking do i want self install or tech install so i guess thats a good sign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

still no answer...
    someone with bt adsl please reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

i got my 256k installed after a good 4/5 months,it took a complaint to comreg and a letter to una mcgirr and daily phone calls to esatbt to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

what about the cap ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Tellox
    i got my 256k installed after a good 4/5 months,it took a complaint to comreg and a letter to una mcgirr and daily phone calls to esatbt to get it.

I would keep it too, there is virtually no contention and there wont be as they have stopped installing it. What did Una say when you sent her a letter ?

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

she actually replied very swiftly and politely, although I dont have a copy of the email around, she told me she can imagine what I've been going through,and is deeply sorry, and she will get around to sorting things out first thing monday.

Obviously,I just thought I'd be called on monday morning and be given an apology, and then wait a further 2/3months for DSL, but I got a phone call, and the technician was up within the hour.

I think it was you muck who gave me her email addy, If so, I tip my hat towards you.

And I've gone over the cap by about 1gb, but havent been charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Give the new RADSL product 3 months till ya see what happens when it gets busy on a DSLAM with 48:1 contention.

Your contention will never change because ESAT will only install the RADSL product from now on, so if you get constant downloads from Tucows and the like at about 28-30Kb (Byte) a second, at any time of day or night , what does that tell ya about your contention rates?

Fair play to Una, she was rude to me in public but I totally forgive her now :D .....u listening s8n ?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

Esat are only re-selling the eircom product so logically the contention rate issues/slowing down thing will effect both services?

Or not?

Advertisement