Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Not sure, I was in Wexford at the time and assumed he meant all over but definitiely in Wexford as he was suggesting it as a solution if my phone line did not work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Discussion of the spectrum eircom have here .

Map below (they will replace these setups with a better one for starters) they may roll out a few more to let Comreg look like its doing something . This map below is what passes for a coverage map in Comreg who originally created it.

Generally the green blobs are centred on the large red and white eircom masts so you need line of sight to one of them. Also remember their install charge is €700 including VAT :D

In addition you must be within 10km (MAX) of the centre of the green blob with a mast in it as well as have line of sight.

EircomFWAMap.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Hi All, new to the boards. I have a Small WISP in the Enniscorthy Area in Wexford and I am also currently putting one up on the Oulart area (not active yet). If anyone in this area is interested please let me know and I would be happy to do a line of sight test.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

It won't reach the south of forth mountain will it - Rathangan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Unfortunately not, however, I recieve my Backhaul from Forth and the guy I get it off Broadcasts from Forth. you could try getting in contact with him or have you already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Hi Mark

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Typhoon wrote:

love the way that they use Eircom's page to check line availability and if it is, you can roder it then and there with Eircom. Wonder ig the other companies have seen this ???

Is there somehwere one can chek the upgraded exchanages?

I might be missing it but can't see to find anything on E's site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

will i ever see broadband in golden co.tipperary

Do eircom have a set number for a population of a place before they'll install broadband

i am also from golden and after hours of looking at various companies i have been told that i cant get dsl or wireless. have u found anything headshot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

any idea on installation cost on the new "IMPROVED" wireless provided by eircom, or is the same ol 700 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Grainne wrote:
    am living in the cross area and have huge issues with eircom adn thier carrier lines. apparently bb is available in cong. a new exchange has been set up in cross but they have not activated it yet as its proving too expensive and they've decided to delay same until xmas. The new exchange was supposed to be up and running in June. No guarntee that it will be available at xmas either, i've been waiting nearly three years for teh exchange to be upgraded. fighting a loosing battle i'm afraid!

Who's in charge of the broadband scheme in cross? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

My landline is passing eircom's online line test. :D

It seems the Kilcolgan exchange has been enabled some time in the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Discussion of the spectrum eircom have here . Also remember their install charge is €700 including VAT

:eek: 700 Euro ??? Is this only for business or is it residential customer also? If so its a crazy price compared to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Darven wrote:
    i am also from golden and after hours of looking at various companies i have been told that i cant get dsl or wireless. have u found anything headshot?
    nope and iv given up

i really want broadband for college work

really really need it

most of coarse work is done on the internet

i dought we'll ever see broadband in golden

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kevin Forde

ADSL has recently been enabled on the Ringaskiddy exchange in Co. Cork

Unfortunately, I discovered this board after I signed up to BT Broadband earlier this week, so we'll see what happens (or doesn't happen) ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Im using BT Home basic.. Is there IP static or does it change, if so how often? And does anyone know if it is against their T&C to host small sites etc?? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hello,has anyone had BB installed in Sallins?Is there anyone other than Eircom I can use?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Anyone here have a broadband solution for the Calverstown area of Kildare - I keep ringing Eircom who tell me that the exchange is not on the list to be enabled!! Someone reckoned KildareBroadband but there website never seems to be working
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

Hey,headshot.have You Tried Premier Broadband.very Possible They Can Cover That Aera

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭trurl

Hell o *.*,

Is there anybody using ibb in Wicklow town? What's your experience?

thanks
    t.

[MOD EDIT] Removing purple text as can't be read on cloud theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

TheBazman wrote:
    Anyone here have a broadband solution for the Calverstown area of Kildare - I keep ringing Eircom who tell me that the exchange is not on the list to be enabled!! Someone reckoned KildareBroadband but there website never seems to be working
    Cheers

Did you get sorted?

I live in Calverstown and have kildare bb
    pm me for further info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Did you get sorted?

I live in Calverstown and have kildare bb
    pm me for further info

Robert, what bb provider do you have?I'm in Sallins,do you know is it out there?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

Hi there,
    I was wondering if anyone knew when BB would be available in Oulart, Wexford. It was on the list to be done but when I rang up they had no knowledge.
    Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 winit

I'm living in the craughwell area and cannot get broadband through phone line as its not available. Is anyone in the area in same situation. If we had enough people showing interest, maybe eircom would get us connected up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 drinksbud

There are a couple of wireless providers that you can get in Oulart.
    Skytel in wexford town from forth mountain and
    networksandwireless based in Enniscorthy.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

winit wrote:
    I'm living in the craughwell area and cannot get broadband through phone line as its not available. Is anyone in the area in same situation. If we had enough people showing interest, maybe eircom would get us connected up..

You may be able to get fixed wireless broadband from Clarinbridge Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Doubt I'd get Broadband, EVER, in my area. :(

But I'll try anyway - anyone know if there's any services available in Oldtown, a town near Ashbourne, Co. Dublin? :)

[One that'd be suited for Gaming :p ]

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Oldtown is covered by DSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads is there any chance in hell of broadband coming to golden even in the future im dying for it
    even wireless
    is there anything i can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

I was wondering does anybody know of an up-to-date website with information on the rool out of broadband in the country. Info like town/villeges which would be getting broadband....More info plz....

Dial up is bad...Real Bad.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement