Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Grommet

Are we still looking at Q1 2008 for Crusheen?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Grommet wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hot off the presses - I have just got my hands on a list of the 14 exchanges that eircom is planning to launch next Tuesday,18th December. They are:

CAMOLIN
    CASTLEPOLLARD
    CLONLARA
    CRETTYARD
    DURROW
    FERNS
    GLENDALOUGH
    GLIN
    GORESBRIDGE
    KILLINICK
    KILWORTH
    MONIVEA
    PATRICKSWELL
    TYRRELLSPASS

There's also another 9 that apparently they are also trying to finish off so that they can launch them by the end of next week in time for Christmas. So no guarantees on these ones, but here's the list anyway:

BALLON
    BORRISOLEIGH
    KILDORRERY
    KILLURIN
    KILMACOW
    KILSHEELIN
    KINVARA
    LIXNAW
    MULLINAVAT

Note: if they do get all of these launched next week, they will have completed 84 of the exchanges from the list of 100 that they published last year.
    The rest are due to be finished in early to mid 2008.

You Sir are an asset to broadband section, exchanges you listed to go live today are listed as enabled on Eircom site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

SSS, thanks - my eircom mole is very reliable and I am happy to be able to help with the information flow.
    glineli wrote: »
    Grommet

Are we still looking at Q1 2008 for Crusheen?

Thanks

Not sure - I am told it is still in planning for Q1, but dates will not become clear until early in the new year. That's basically the same for all of the 319 sites - I understand that completing the bulk of the 100 sites this year has pretty much drained all the available resources so work on the next year programme is really only getting started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Grommet any word on Killerig Cross Exchange in Co. Carlow... All the exchanges around us are upgraded... :(
    It would be nice to know if I can work from home any time in 2008? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Good to know Grommet. Does it look the same as the standard 30-pair cable with the built-in steel cable which is strung up on poles across Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

Hello,

Anyone know when the Rathgormack, Co, Waterford exhange will be hooked up?

Please don't say 2009!

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

superweld wrote: »
    Please don't say 2009!

OK I won't say it.:p
    2008 is a possibility though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

kaizersoze wrote: »
    OK I won't say it.:p
    2008 is a possibility though.

so there's hope :)

i just rang eircom and all they could tell me was it's not due to be done before july 2008. she couldn't or wouldn't tell me any plans after then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anybody know if NTL Broadband/TV package is available in Phibsboro? Tried finding out earlier on but they put Pighead on hold for ages and his patience just snapped. If its not available whats the best option? Cheers.

Just a quick update on the eircom's DSL roll out.

The total number of new eircom exchanges launched for DSL this year was around 105.

Of the 100 sites that were publicly announced as due for completion this year, 87 were actually completed, with the remainder now due to be finished in the first months of 2008.

Their current plans for 2008 are for an additional 250 or so new DSL enabled sites to be rolled out during the calendar year.

Happy New year everyone.

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

hi Grommet,

just a quick question do u know is the rhode exchange still scheduled for broadband this month or possibly february? Need Decent broadband here!:mad:

The total number of new eircom exchanges launched for DSL this year was around 105.

Of the 100 sites that were publicly announced as due for completion this year, 87 were actually completed, with the remainder now due to be finished in the first months of 2008.

Their current plans for 2008 are for an additional 250 or so new DSL enabled sites to be rolled out during the calendar year.

Happy New year everyone.

G.

I am told that Rhode is still on target for later this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

Kinvara exchange, Co. Galway has been DSL enabled, had a visit from the eircom rep today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 withnail76

Hi Grommet,
    Just wondering if you know anything about when the exchange in Lanesboro, Co. Longford is scheduled for upgrade for broadband?
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joegly

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when the Belclare exchange, near Tuam, Co Galway will be broadband enabled? I know it's on the list of the 319 exchange to be done by 2009 but it would be nice to know if its going to be the first qtr of 2008 or the last qtr of 2009!

Regards,

Joegly

According to my source, both Lanesboro and Belclare are due in mid 2008. However I would add some caution that the full plans for the 319 sites are still being prepared and they tell me that these dates will depend very much on what they find when they survey the sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Happy New year everyone.

G.

Is there a list of these new sites published anywhere ,perhaps you could give me a link

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulbeara

A new supplier has arrived on the scene: National Broadband (www.nbb.ie/info) selling the Astra2Connect service. It is a 2-way satellite service with lowish speeds but no volume limit. VOIP and TV bundled with it.

Does anybody have any experience of this service?

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulbeara

A new supplier has arrived on the scene: National Broadband (www.nbb.ie/info) selling the Astra2Connect service. It is a 2-way satellite service with lowish speeds but no volume limit. VOIP and TV bundled with it.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Hi does anybody no if the Rosses Point , sligo exchange is going to be updated this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Hi,

Just moved up to Glencree Co. Wicklow & am looking for broadband. I've a Three mobile phone and there's full GPRS coverage and I also have 3G coverage. According to the 3 website I shouldn't have 3 coverage but I'm able to use opera mini ok.

Just wondering if it's worth my while signing up to the 3 broadband service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

paulbeara wrote: »

Paul

Looks Like poor value to me, the broadband is extremely slow 256/64, and the tv package is just the free fta channels. There is surely a better satellite option around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

Anybody know if the secondary exchange in Celbridge (Eircom have it listed as CELB exchange) is scheduled for upgrade any time soon? I'm based in Ardclough and am on this exchange.

davmigil wrote: »
    Anybody know if the secondary exchange in Celbridge (Eircom have it listed as CELB exchange) is scheduled for upgrade any time soon? I'm based in Ardclough and am on this exchange.

eircom has broadband at Celbridge, it should not matter which switch you are on (the 4th character in the site code only refers to the telephony switch - all switches in a site are connected to the same distribution frame and from there to the DSLAM. So it does not matter which switch you are on.

Are you not able to get broadband at the moment? Is it because your line fails when you check on the eircom web site?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Hiya
    Does anyone know whether Caher exchange (Co Clare) is due to be upgraded anytime in 2008 ?
    Thanks

Sorry Chicken Run - Caher is not on eircom's plans for DSL. May be covered under the Government's National Broadband tender - if so, you are probably looking at mid to end 2009 at the earliest and may or may not be DSL (Govt. may choose a wireless operator for that project).

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

disappointing.. but thanks anyway Grommet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

hi grommit, do you know if the Rosses Point , sligo exchange is going to be updated this year?

eircom has broadband at Celbridge, it should not matter which switch you are on (the 4th character in the site code only refers to the telephony switch - all switches in a site are connected to the same distribution frame and from there to the DSLAM. So it does not matter which switch you are on.

Are you not able to get broadband at the moment? Is it because your line fails when you check on the eircom web site?

When I ring Eircom they say I am connected to an exchange that is listed as not being upgraded yet and to ring every few months to see if on the list. Is there an exchange in Ardclough by any chance? Though Eircom say I am listed as being connected to Celbridge?? Line test says exchange not broadband enabled.

• Advertisement

davmigil wrote: »

Checked that again and it is the CELD exchange. Wherever that is!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement