Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Thanks for the reply, Kaiser.
    kaizersoze wrote: »
    A crucial detail you left out.:p

Yeah, :o I was afraid of that.

Guess I'll have to wait a while, then. I'd still be interested in the answer to the DSL2 question, though, if anyone knows. I'm positively salivating at the thought of an 8Mb connection (I know 12Mb is the theoretical maximum, but I'm taking distance into account :)), but even a 2Mb would satisfy me, right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Posting this as there seemed to be a fair few people from Derrinturn/Carbury who were waiting for BB.

Well it seems like the Carbury, kildare exchange is now up an running for broadband :)

I checked the Eircom line checker today (as i do everyday), and finally it said "Line may be suitable for broadband". Gave them a ring and the lady said there was an 80% chance my line was ok. They are posting out the modem to check the line (they start you on a 1Mb package to check, then will upgrade if it passes), but won't enable the port until March 5th (might be available earlier, but this is the commit date)..

Fingers crossed it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Welease wrote: »
    Posting this as there seemed to be a fair few people from Derrinturn/Carbury who were waiting for BB.

Well it seems like the Carbury, kildare exchange is now up an running for broadband :)

I checked the Eircom line checker today (as i do everyday), and finally it said "Line may be suitable for broadband". Gave them a ring and the lady said there was an 80% chance my line was ok. They are posting out the modem to check the line (they start you on a 1Mb package to check, then will upgrade if it passes), but won't enable the port until March 5th (might be available earlier, but this is the commit date)..

Had BT rep at door this morning, and he checked the line in front of me and I was 100%, and I can go 3mb right now. See my post at the ice thread.

You lucky git :) I live down in Coonagh about 200 mts past Carbury GAA club.. hopefully I'm close enough etc to get a decent speed.

You lucky git :) I live down in Coonagh about 200 mts past Carbury GAA club.. hopefully I'm close enough etc to get a decent speed.

Try another provider you'll most likely get sorted quick(er). I'll have 3mb dsl when the router arrives. Slan to Ice BB, you snoozed, and you've lost, you're customers are disconnecting as I speak.:D

• Advertisement

Just incase you all missed it, you probably didn't, but just incase.:)

51199.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Eircom exchange in rhode has now been enabled !!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

See my reply to the Seanad BB Bill thread regarding ComReg's latest survey here - http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0816.pdf

It shows BIG %ages for BB.... and we all know this is crap. What we need is REAL data on who has connection and who hasn't. Otherwise the joke continues.

I'm not sufficiently techie to set up a data collection procedure on here, can somebody do that? After all, most users on here are either a)on some sort of BB or b) desperate to get it. So, we should be able to produce the data.

Excuse me if it already exists, and if it does and it can stand up can someone give it to Shane Ross???

Bye, Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Have Eircom given out their upgrades for 2008 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

See my post at the ice thread.

Hi, could you provide a link to that please? I'm trying to get a survey started on who has what, where and how, and who hasn't, for bb...

Thanks, Barry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

hi maybe this in wrong place but do anyone know who is this is or how to get in contact with them Irish_SouthEast_22-52. Was down in the graignamanagh area

BarryM wrote: »
    Hi, could you provide a link to that please? I'm trying to get a survey started on who has what, where and how, and who hasn't, for bb...

Thanks, Barry

In relation to that post, here goes:

@ post no. 335 I believe,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114497&page=17

• Registered Users Posts: 7 snowfruit

Does any one know if the Rathmore/Gneeveguilla exchange/area in Co. Kerry is likely to get DSL in the near future?

I am desperate for some sort of connection but do not have line of sight to any of the wireless providers, appear to be outside of 3G coverage and can not get any local phone numbers validated on eircom.ie for DSL.

Does any one have any suggestions, or good news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

Have Eircom given out their upgrades for 2008 yet?

you can ring up but they only have to do list for end of july. they don't give out too much info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ok how about this, checked my line today and I get 'line not sutiable for broadband'.... A bit frustrated :mad:. My neighbour 200m closer to the exchange gets 'line may be sutiable for broadband' :mad: and all the houses further from the exchange get the same as me. Is it that the 6 or 7 houses farther from the exchange have gammy lines and will never get it or are Eircom still rolling out dsl and it be there by the march 7th deadline??

:confused::confused::confused:

landyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi

I contacted Eircom today so see is the Crusheen exchange on the list for March, but no its not and as usual no one has a clue when this will be done. Great!!!

Any info Grommet?? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Hi Grommet,

Any idea, if or when the Kilrickle exchange near Loughrea in Galway will be enabled? Looking for a move down the sticks in the future, but dial-up just is not an option.

Da

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

IronMan wrote: »
    Hi Grommet,

Any idea, if or when the Kilrickle exchange near Loughrea in Galway will be enabled? Looking for a move down the sticks in the future, but dial-up just is not an option.

Da

Hi Ironman - it's on the list, but I'm told has no fibre connection (exchange is run on an old copper system atm). Given all the civil works and fibre build that needs to be done to complete this exchange, it will probably be mid 2009 before it is ready. (by the way - don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger)

Hi all - I see a few requests for info on some previous posts. Sorry, I've been out of town for a while and not had time to log in here over the last few weeks. Probably will not be able to log in much in the near future either.

So - for all of you wondering about eircom's roll out programme for the next few months - I've managed to get hold of an UNOFFICIAL list of exchanges that they think they will have launched for DSL by end of June. I have to stress this is from a reliable source, but there is no guarantee on any of these (though my source is usually pretty good at this sort of thing).

Here goes - as I said - no guarantees here - but on the other hand, it is probably safe to bet that if your local exchange is NOT on this list then it is not going to be completed before July at the earliest. Cheers. G.

ARDFINNAN
    ARIGNA
    AUGHNACLIFFE
    AYLE
    BALGRIFFIN
    BALLICKMOYLER
    BALLINDERRY
    BALLINLOUGH
    BALLINTOGHER
    BALLYDUFF
    BALLYGLASS
    BALLYHOOLEY
    BALLYMOE
    BALLYNABOLA
    BARNADERG
    BARNATRA
    BARNTOWN
    BATTERSTOWN
    BEKAN CROSS
    BORRIS IN OSSORY
    BROOMFIELD
    CAPPAGH
    CARLANSTOWN
    CARNAROSS
    CASTLEBLAKENEY
    CHERRYWOOD
    CHURCHCROSS
    CLOGHERHEAD
    CLONBANIN CROSS
    CLONBERN
    CLONMELLON
    COLLINS LANE
    COLLINSTOWN
    CONVOY
    COOLBOY
    COORACLARE
    CROGHAN
    CROOKEDWOOD
    CROSSAKIEL
    CRUSHEEN
    CUFFESGRANGE
    CURRAHEEN RD
    DRANGAN
    DRINAGH
    DRINAGH IDA PARK
    DRUMCONRATH
    DUBBER
    DUNDRUM
    EDMONSTOWN
    EMLY
    EYERIES
    FOURMILEHOUSE
    FOXHOLE
    GLENEALY
    GORTNAGOWNA
    HORSELEAP
    KILDALKEY
    KILDANGAN
    KILDIMO
    KILLEIGH
    KILLERIG CROSS
    KILNALECK
    KILNAMARTYRA
    KNOCK AIRPORT
    KNOCKTOPHER
    LEMYBRIEN
    LISMACAFFREY
    MILTOWN
    MILTOWN MALBAY
    MOYNALTY
    MURRISK
    NEWPORT
    PARTREE
    RATHDOWNEY
    REDHILLS
    ROSENALLIS
    ROUNDWOOD
    TUBBER
    TULLYVIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

cheers Grommet for the update!!!

come on Crusheen, you can do it!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Grommet wrote: »
    Hi Ironman - it's on the list, but I'm told has no fibre connection (exchange is run on an old copper system atm). Given all the civil works and fibre build that needs to be done to complete this exchange, it will probably be mid 2009 before it is ready. (by the way - don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger)

Really??? Eircom fibre runs by the front gate of the Kilrickle exchange, which is about 8 - 10 metres of a dig on their own property at the most.:confused:

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Really??? Eircom fibre runs by the front gate of the Kilrickle exchange, which is about 8 - 10 metres of a dig on their own property at the most.:confused:

KS - thanks for the info - assuming you are right, I'll bring that back to them and see what they say. Maybe the information I was given was incorrect on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Grommett -
    Any Idea why neighbour 200m closer to the exchange can get broadband and I can't.
    Connected to carbury exchange, living in williamstown area

thanks landyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Grommet would you mind if I PMed you with the name of an exchange,I completely understand if you say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

landyman wrote: »
    Grommett -
    Any Idea why neighbour 200m closer to the exchange can get broadband and I can't.
    Connected to carbury exchange, living in williamstown area

thanks landyman
    Could be any number of things, Could be that extra 200m is just too far for it the work, could also be that you are on a pair gained line, or could be a problem with internal wiring. Lots of other things it could be but those are the main ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

At least wireless is available in Kilrickle, by two providers.

/Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any idea on roundwood timetable is on every list that they give but is anywas put back it's meant for now any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Varik wrote: »
    Any idea on roundwood timetable is on every list that they give but is anywas put back it's meant for now any ideas
    I was just replying asking the same thing of Grommet when your reply came in. They've been working on the lines out in Calary, but it just seemed to be pole replacement. I don't think I can hack dial up for too much longer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Grommet how is there dsl at Killenard? There is no fibre there. The exchange is just connected via a microwave link back to a high site on Dunmurray hill?

• Advertisement

landyman wrote: »
    Ok how about this, checked my line today and I get 'line not sutiable for broadband'.... A bit frustrated :mad:. My neighbour 200m closer to the exchange gets 'line may be sutiable for broadband' :mad: and all the houses further from the exchange get the same as me. Is it that the 6 or 7 houses farther from the exchange have gammy lines and will never get it or are Eircom still rolling out dsl and it be there by the march 7th deadline??

:confused::confused::confused:

landyman

Well I just got connected today. Am on the Coonagh side of Derrinturn. Line attenuation is poor at 50/30 and i kept dropping DSL and it wouldnt reconnect with the modem plugged into my office line. Have moved the modem to the main line now, and the attenuation is still the same, but it has remained connected for the last hour. Fingers crossed.. Is the copper around here crap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement