Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Enter The Matrix"

Options
  • 11-05-2003 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

It's supposed to be ot on the 15th but does anyone know if it's going to be any good at all? It'd be a slight embarassment as a fan of the first film to have a bloody awful game circulating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

You must get embarassed very easly then. I saw the box in Game today and the screenshoots dont look anytihng special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I'm going to see reloaded before buying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

m8 of mine said he saw screenies and said it looked decent, no idea about gameplay tho. Hope its decent enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

Enter the Matrix is linked to the movie Reloaded, they're saying you go see the movie and when you play the game you experience what you didn't see in the movie.

The game has apparently been created and written by the Wacowski brothers, this is one if the game's selling points.
    How good is this, they wrote a story for the game and actually shot the scenes (with Neo, Morpheus,etc) that will feature as full motion video in the game.

You control either Niobe (pilot) or Ghost (weapons).
    It's not just you're average shooter, you fight, drive, fly and hack the matrix.

Wait for the movie, if it's good, check Gamespy for their Review on the 15th and if that's above 70, get the game.

Heres the official UK site:

http://www.enterthematrixgame.com/uk/

Here's Gamespy's Preview from Feb:

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february03/matrixmulti/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Our editor bloke over at Eurogamer has played it a bit and says it's "not bad" - basically it's a fairly average shoot 'em up that rips off Max Payne pretty badly in places. The environment graphics are very bland, and the gameplay is repetitive. Ignore all the hype about this being "groundbreaking" - at best, it's a sub-par movie license and no more.

The only interesting aspect is that it does tell a new, canon story from within the Matrix plot arc, but I think you'd need to be a pretty hardcore fan to spend sixty euro on that.

Infogrames haven't sent out review code to anyone (if you see reviews in any publications before Wednesday, know this - they're based on the journalist playing the game for less than an hour in Infogrames' offices, and shouldn't be treated in the slightest bit seriously), which is a VERY bad sign for any game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Umm, indeed the character models don't look great. I'd be surprised if the character animation was as flowing in the game as it would be in the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I've looked at the video and the animation is fantastic. I don't know how they could map thousands of moves onto a pad though, even if they are context sensitive.

The driving and rail-shooter bits look very average. They should have just left them out.

Shiny make some good games but they've been a bit average recently. I think Dave Perry married an American woman who ran off with all his money he made from Earthworm Jim etc so he's in need of a bob or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

The animations are very smooth in the video. TBH if it's good I won't mind so much if it's not "groundbreaking" but I just hope that it's a little more complex than mashing one attack button and watching the model cycle through some random attack animation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its 4 CD's thats madness... and im sure will have a heafty price tag....

Its about time they started releasing on DVD's....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

You can get it for under E40 from play including postage which is pretty good - it will me E55 min in the shops. You wont get it on friday but you are meant to see the film first anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Never have much hope for Licenced games. But it will sell like mad, coz its the Matrix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Len_007
    Never have much hope for Licenced games. But it will sell like mad, coz its the Matrix

Most games that are licenced from big named movies do no matter how crap they are.

Batman the Movie was a good licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

finally got round to testin this last nite...Have to admit it takes a while to install but it's worth it, kinda...

So the first thing we see is a movie shot,this is full bodies video with actors from the flick,we then cut to an FMV sequence and then it's in to the action...

1st impression 's last..

He\she runs 2 fast and looks stupid while runnin..

Basically it's maxpayne meets the matrix, in max we had bullet time in the matrix we have Focus,

good points, ure health and focus builds back up if u stand around doin nothing, unlike max payne u cannot simply turn off and on bullettime, have to hold down ure key or mouse button depending on ure own preference,

i would advise u to go see the flick b4 playin this as theer are quite a few spoilers durin it other dan dat it's ok should be worth the money but it's a play once game

D.

So it's a PS2 renter for the weekend job yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh max payne ripped off the first matrix movie not the other way round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Wasn't max payne in development for a few years and thus bullet time from max payne preceeding the matrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 OddBall

Played it last night -

Fighting is excellent - pulling of crazy moves left right and centre - best part of the game.

Not so good with weapons though.

There was a point were i felt invincable - nothing seemed to be able to stop me - that soon changed though . . .

In game fmv is perfect also.

However , even after playing it for only 2 hours - dragulas right in saying its got a limited life span - cant see myself playing it in 2/3 weeks . . . .

Definitley not worth paying for - but worth a play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Played it briefly, its fairly good fun, but its not amazing - particularly after playing the KungFu mod in Max Payne. It has some issues, but hey, it wouldnt be a Shiny game if it didnt :)

Not that im saying that would be a bad thing...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I'm matrix fan thus reserved a copy for launch day in smyths
    the game retails there at 49.99 less 10% if you purchase within week of launch with a loyalty card.
    The 4 discs reminds me of those heady BG2 days and I began to wonder should I have purchased the x box version
    , it does remind me of max payne but then when I played Max Payne for the first time it really reminded me of the Matrix(especially the tutorial with the ringing phones etc) and there are in game references in Max Payne to the Matrix

The animation is a little jerky, but so far I have enjoyed it but I have only played it a little but call me silly but it does feel matrixy , there are some nice touches as well , the score is good and atmospheric. I did expect more from the graphics engine, but then some of the best games ever from my C64 days still rock.

If there are spoilers I will leave off untill I have seen the movie but my first impressions are solid but not special but for me it does have matrix atmosphere. Is that enough for you ?Play a demo and decide and by the way WHAT IS THE MATRIX ???:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement