Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Software To Audit PCS?

• 11-05-2003 6:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering is there any software out there that will tell me what processor speed my pc has... This is to do an Audit on over 100 pc's and I need the exact pc spec.. Pentium or Pentium Pro isint enough it must say Pentium 200mhz

I have used Belarc before I dont think give the proccessoor speed ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

the version of belarc advisor i have gives a clock speed, its estimated but always seems to be within 1% of processors rated speed, just make sure the advisor is the only thing running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

also try, running dxdiag or msinfo32 at command prompt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try cpuid, it's a 179KB d/l. Tells you the processor name, package, spec, instructions, core speed, fsb, bus speed, cache sizes (L1 data, L1 code, L2); motherboard manufacturer, model, chipset, revision; bios brand, version, date; agp revision, transfer rate and aperture size; and memory size, ecc, description, frequency, cas and cycle times!

Now, so there!Dunno if you'll be impressed, but I was!

Oh, plus it's freeware and doesn't need to be installed (just unzip and run the exe) and you can save the results as a textfile too :)

HTH ;)

It is what it's.

Advertisement