Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car...Advice

Options
  • 11-05-2003 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi guyz,
    Just a quick question. I am looking to sell my car. It is posted on the For sale board. Basically, the garage I am looking to buy a car in is not giving me a good price. What is the best way to go about it. Have any of you sold a car through Buy and Sell, or maybe if any of you work in a garage you may be able to point me in the right direction.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95163

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I used to work in the Motor Trade and the most important thing to do is make sure the car is clean - washed, polished and interior valeted.
    It sounds obvious, but you would be surprised how many people go to trade-in, or sell, scruffy cars that would be transformed with a bit of "elbow grease" !
    I would also suggest the removal of any "personal items" from the car especially stickers,furry dices etc.
    Make the car "neutral" so-to-speak.
    (Also make sure you have all the relevant paperwork neatly placed in a folder).

As regards advertising the car, use all available means i.e. Buy & Sell ad, local Notice Boards in Supermarkets, Credit Unions, tell your friends, relations, etc

If you don't get any positive results take out an advert in one of your local papers i.e. a paid-for ad.

Finally, ask a realistic price. There are loads of 2,3,4 yr old cars on the market at present.
    (For example, there were over 300 vehicles up for auction at Merlin Car Auctions yesterday, the majority being late registrations.
    N.B. an auction is NOT a good place to sell a car, you won't get a good price.
    Can be a good place to buy though- if you do your homework !)

Best of luck.

Silvera.

Advertisement