Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Dempsey

Options
  • 11-05-2003 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Anyone goin on Thursday, can't wait, only discovered his stuff recently, he is unbelievable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

I is going.Whats yer name? mark by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Nah its Paul, don't suppose ya know where i could get my hands on Damien Dempseys first album do ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Try road i dont have it,didnt know he had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Damien Dempsey 'Seize The DAy' will be the Heavy Traffic album of the week. Tune in at 4.30pm to hear tracks and win a copy Mon-Fri.

Damien Dempsey will play a short set in Tower Records, Wicklow Street this Thursday (15th) at 6pm, ahead of his gig in The Village later that evening. His album "Seize the Day" will be released this Friday but will be available exclusively at Tower on Thursday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

for Damo's albums
    you can go to Phutloose Records
    http://www.phutloose.com
    They have an online shop where you can buy
    all sorts of goodies... like...
    Turn, It's All Good, It's All Bells, Colm Quearney, etc
    & of course
    DAMIEN DEMPSEY!
    Phutloose are a nice bunch and just like the
    pulse fitness workshop, they're in the heart of temple bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Anyone notice how he looks like some kind of power lifter in training in the lastest hotpress??

I almost thought he was going for the whole boy band look for a second.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

careful what you say
    power lifter... maybe not ... but he (and apparantly all his brothers) were all boxers at some stage.
    He has scary forearms.
    He is one of only a few men I've ever had to lower
    the microphone to my height after he's played.
    Big man... as I said... careful what you say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Thanks for the help lads/lassies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

damo is the king...anyone you hasint seen him do yourself a favor go down to the village thur and see a true genius ...mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Hey palmic!

How's your new venue coming along? Are you able to release any details yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

hi shorty thanks for asking,were going to open in 8 weeks the venue is a place which is called switch at the moment,weve just finished the design plans and were just waiting on the engineers to tell us if we can move some of the walls and stuff theres about a million been spent on the two floors to completely change capacity and the look of the place..the designers are the are the same guys who did 4 dame lane and gubu ,were going to make a venue that looks and sounds great...were getting rid of the dance clubs and doing late night gigs and indie clubs capacity will be 120 seated and 280 standing it will be the best small venue in ireland...the only problem is were stuck at what to call it if you or any phantom people have any ideas throw them our way..weve went through about 200 so far..send me (and anyone else) an email to palmic @oceanfree.net and ill send you some tickets fot the opening night,the suprise guest at the launch is unbeliveable and everybodys going to try and get to see this band when it gets out who it is ...talk soon mick

Advertisement