Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIT:Software Development and Networking

• 11-05-2003 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Doing me leaving in a few weeks time....think of doing the bachelor of science in software development and computer networking in CIT next year.

Just wondering what peoples opinions/views are on this course??
    :ninja:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

im in 3rd year dnet(the course u mentioned)
    CIT is a **** hole big time plus they cant organise ****!!
    seriously bad administration but if ur serious about a carrer in networkin then do this course as its a really good gateway
    1 st year covers the basics maths and programming and stuff
    2nd year takes these a step further u also touch on OOD and OS
    3rd year was well the hardest(im sure i failed a few but me hoping) u go very deep into networking like frame-relay, isdn network security, atm, etc seriously tough but rewarding
    the maths this year was well hard i did honours maths in the leaving got a c2 got an honour aswell in the last two years in maths but ****ing hell this year was pure pure maths about queing theory and algorithims and stuff it was a nightmare!!
    so if matsh isnt ur thing think twice
    also u have to do physics (telecoms as they nicely put it)
    in year 1 abd two while 3rd year is more on the ball as regrards telecommunications!!
    cant wait for 4th year thats if i get in!!

if ur into programming and software do something else like computer science or computer applications

the best thing about the course is that u get to participate in the cisco accadamy they have in cit(CCNA and CCNP but ccna is what u will be doing) u get to finish it by third year and then get a voucher for ur final test passing that u have a worldwide recognised cert and then a degree under ur belt

contact cit for more info especially aidan mcdonald he's the main man there with regards to this course!!

hope this was of help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Thanks for the replies lads.

I was wondering what languages are there in this course or do they vary from year to year ... i wanna get a headstart on them this summer.

Cheers :ninja:

Advertisement