Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any info on broadband in Leixlip? (Kildare)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Got a reply from Netsource on Thursday.

The guy told me to try again in six weeks, so perhaps were getting there.

I believe in one of the previous posts, someone said that an €ircom person told 'em june/july, which my 6 week retry will fall under.

Fingers crossed, waited this long, can wait another few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by job
    Anyone in Leixlip actually get a pass on the line test & got broadband or in the process of getting it ???? If you would post ur location in leixlip, so to give us all a reference point.

My friends brother passed the test and has it installed. He lives in Woodside which is at the back of Riverforest and right next to Confey College.

I never actually got a line test btw, I rang them up but the results came back as inconclusive. They said that their engineers would ring me within 48 hours but that was about 2 months ago. I'll ring them soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

Has anyone in Leixlip been able to sign up for UTV's Clicksilver?Eircom's online test indicates the exchange (for the Oaklawn area) is enabled, but the UTV page says DSL is not available in this area yet.

Where exactly did u do this test ??? Url plz

I live in Easton Park, a stones throw away from Oaklawn & did the test the other day & failed !!

Damn €ircom & all this crap !!!

All i want is broadband.........give it to me !!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I'm gonna ring them monday, they said june/july so i'll let yous know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Vac - just to update your list im on pstn in Castletown and I failed, though i must try them again its been over 6 weeks now :)

I got a mail back from Netsource the other day & Kevin said to try again in 4 weeks !!

That was after waitiing for 2 weeks :((( ( not to mention the years before it )

Time is ticking...............

Originally posted by job
    Where exactly did u do this test ??? Url plz

I live in Easton Park, a stones throw away from Oaklawn & did the test the other day & failed !!

Damn €ircom & all this crap !!!

All i want is broadband.........give it to me !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.eircom.ie/votebroadband.html?clickIdAction=addClickID_vert&clickFrom=/bveircom/bladerunner/showContentSubPage.jsp&clickTo=http://www.eircom.ie/votebroadband.html

just pick Kildare and Leixlip, pop i your telecom a/c no. and phoe no. and it says whether you can get BB or not.
    Not sure if this is getting the result of your line test from the Eircom database or just checking your exchange.

Yeah, thats the link i've been checking :((

My line is only a year old. They had to rip up part of the road to put down new cable as there were no lines left in the estate.

So the line is the new, so dunno what the delay is. Enable the exchange & give me broadband......simple !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Im also Having the same trouble but im Livin in a different area. I live in Kilmeague but on my address it says Naas so we are technically in Naas. But my line always fails for Broadband and im stuck waiting for them **** heads at Eircom to Enable an exchange In robertstown what the ****!? I know we are nearer o robertstown but we are still fairly close to naas. Wut do they actually have to do to enable an exchange anyway?? Eircom totally suck balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I just did the line test today and passed after weeks and weeks of failing so we definatly know that oaklawn is enabled.]

Who should i sign up with eircom or netsource?

Well as you probably know Eircom have a cap on their line of 4GB, and if you go over this they will charge you E30 per additional GB downloaded, they even count surfing as downloading, and their monthly cost is E54.99. Netsoure SOHO is E45 but has a contention of 48:1, and since there is no cap there will be warez monkeys everywhere and will effect your speeds. Netsoure do another package called SME which is a E90 but the contention rate is 24:1 so ur speeds will always be the same and fast. And again on both Netsoure Packages There is no cap. It all depends on what your gona use it for i guess. Playing games or downloading music, go for Netsoure or Esat BT, but for jus surfing and Emails go for one of the capped services, What ever floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Yeah I want to download lots of music and play games so I'd say i will probably go with netsource.

I also want to play Xbox Live with it so do you think Netsource will be good for that

Yup If u want to do that id get the Netsource SME package. theres a guy on boards called Sloth, he has that package and hes on Xbox live and he says it works fine. With SME u get a Ping of 60 always but with SOHO it varies like hell. So from wut u said id get SME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Just checked again - Castletown, leixlip, fail again. oh joy.

Got my m8 ( who works In €ircom ) to check my line for me and again, it failed !!

He also checked the exchange & Leixlip is switched on.

He reckons it's because of my distance from the exhange.
    Read in a previous post the someone in Oaklawn has it enabled, now i live in Easton Park, which is a stones throw from Oaklawn.

My question is this :

Is this the end of my broadband dreams ??? Will i be able to get broadband in the future if they add another exhange or upgrade something ???

Is there any hope left for me & broadband ????

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Correct me if I am wrong but the Leixlip exchange is over towards the Celbridge Road (on the Castletown end of town).
    €ircon are full of ****! As mentioned previously I am in Avondale (up the hill) and kept failing but managed to get a pass (5 minutes after a line fail) when I told them I had previously been passed.

Tought i was sorted, DSL had come to Leixlip....at last & now this **** :(

" Will i ever get broadband " i am begining to wonder.......the outlook is grim !

Really need to know if anyone has been in this situation before, where there near the exchange, but not near enough, but have gotten broadband sorted.

Have a D-Link 604+ router & if i can't get Broadband, will have to sell it. Don't want to wait to long, as the unit will lose value.

Thx

From reading posts on here there seems to be 2 exchanges in Leixlip, the one mentioned above and one at the school up in Riverforest.
    Can anyone confirm this.
    Also has anyone in Leixlip gotten DSL yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Originally posted by elsoldemayo
    From reading posts on here there seems to be 2 exchanges in Leixlip, the one mentioned above and one at the school up in Riverforest.
    Can anyone confirm this.
    Also has anyone in Leixlip gotten DSL yet??

I'm pretty sure there is no exchange in riverforest. I know that there is an exchange is at the top of old hill (just beside colaiste ciaran).
    I've been trying for the last 6 months for a line test and all I got was "Sorry sir your number is not in our database". Lastweek I downgraded to psdn and rang eircom up again. They told me it would take up to 4 weeks for a result to come back so I rang up netsource and they told me that they'd a result within 24hours. If you pass with netsource it goes straight onto the eircom database which in my case I passed \o/
    I should have dsl by the end of this week :D

edit: btw I live in duncarraig

Next question is IF there is an exchange around the Castletown area, has it been upgraded for DSL??
    Has anyone over this (Oaklawn/Castletown) side of Leixlip gotten DSL yet??

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe there is only one exchange in leixlip (over beside Colaiste Chiaran [as already mentioned])
    I have BB and I am over the other side of town!
    Others have it also!
    Ring them up and ask them to do a manual test on your line (not just read it from the database).
    Failing that ring them again and tell them that you were previously given a pass and that you now want to sign up (worked for me!)
    Failing that ring €ircon again and thell them that there is an awful crackling on your line and you want an engineer to come out

Originally posted by kbannon
    I believe there is only one exchange in leixlip (over beside Colaiste Chiaran [as already mentioned])
    I have BB and I am over the other side of town!
    Others have it also!

I have used the online test on Eircom's site and it says I can try to order DSL (subject to a proper line test I assume), BUT I'd prefer to go with UTV as I have found their dial up service to be excellent. Problem is the UTV clicksilver site says DSL is not available from my exchange.

Hence the question about 2 exchanges in Leixlip.

Advertisement