Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De_Muse

• 11-05-2003 4:57pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

With thanks to DrAkE and his contribution of lovely wad's a successfully managed (After a long mental struggle) do delete my **** Dream-Reaver Mod from my drive and begin CS mapping again - Only THIS TIME (Yes, I actually mean it) I'm doing quite well and don't intend to stop until the **** is finished...

As usual, no pics atm (But I may be getting access within the month) so hopefully there will be some soon (Or you could just see all 15% of it at the next LAN [Which is meant to be quite huge actually])

Argh - Where are ye buggers - Im rarely here, but ye're here even less....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Im here all the time ( that doesnt neccesarily mean that I post here all the time though :) )

The board is experiencing a great slowdown. Cmon ppl get posting!

Ill try and get some of my college stuff posted during the week if I have time and remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

I visit occasionally as well, but don't usually have any great ideas for new topics. Good luck with the map!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Your mod scares me.

Or maybe that was the people watching me as I played it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Hopefully ill be able to whip out my auld hammer editor this summer and get back to mapping would be tempted to do a ns map .....completely in black_trim rar

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Just got back online today, so will have pics up after 6pm - About time my need for net cafe's has ended :D

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

de_muse2003-Halls1.jpg

de_muse2003-Halls2.jpg

de_muse2003-HangingGardens1.jpg

de_muse2003-HangingGardens2.jpg

de_muse2003-Show1.jpg

de_muse2003-Show2.jpg

Remember my old de_muse?
    This one squats on the old one - And someone thought the OLD one looked a little like RES... I hope that says something positive...

WHOOP

looks damn nice... in the 4rd pic, is that a pool? or what? any chance of an overview pic?

spotlights **** on any spotlight i've ever made :)))

nice work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

looking sweet lad....

cant wait till its finished......hopefully in 3 weeks ;)

Ger, in mapping, there's no such thing as a release date...

i'm a veteran of saying "2 weeks" or "in time for lan" and then it dies :D

Argh don't jinx me now!
    Will map occasionally, but now that Im back online there are more priorities - So it'll be quite a while...

I could just chop it into a small little arena style map for the LAN then fully complete it...

Anyway, thanks for all the support (Alan, this must be the first compliment I've got from you... Ever... Cheers ;))

• Advertisement

I meant that it looked ****

sorry, but you're a waster and .. eh...****..

YUO SUCKS

:ninja:

Thats more like it!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lol

Looks very nice wp :)

Cheers Raven mate...
    is that a pool? or what?
    Tis indeed... You'd have to be ingame to actually notice it...
    Not too sure what else to add... It's more of a mansion then it is a museum, so I'll think of a good upper / lower level layout and tear into it again later on next week if I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

A bit of constructive nit-picking but...
    The ceiling mounted light-fitting in the first screenshot looks a bit out of place... no self respecting mansion-owning person would decorate so... it's like chalk and cheese.
    I'd replace it with something more fitting to the surroundings.
    But hey - maybe the new owner has odd tastes :)

Otherwise, it's lovely... reminds me of Lara Crofts house, only less blocky.

Your right Santa mate, yet I never expected to do anything with it at all...

As usual, it started off as a "Yeah, ****it I'll remake one of my **** maps using these new textures" and Kalahabooyah, stumbled on something remotely ok looking...

Of course, it'll be ****ing ages before anything remotely near completion but if it makes that point, let's say anything that looks odd shalt be ruthlessly smited with a bendy +2 Damage Spanner...

Thanks for the criticism mate, your bang on with that one...

I bet you could do something nice with a cylinder brush mapped with a transparent lampshade type texture or something.
    Have you tried making lights that you can shoot-off?
    I did it for a TFC map a few months ago... it's basically linking the lampshade to a func_breakable then targeting the light entity.
    Not sure if it works with the counterstrike fgd.

Im pretty sure they do, Santa, Im nearly convinced I experimented with breakable lights and such before, yet these days Im lucky to complete a full room before dropping my work like a hot spud hence I never really concentrate on the tiny details until the end...

I'll definately look into it once I get more mapping done anyhow, and thanks again for the feedback!

Breakable lights are teh easy.

Func_breakable: The glass in the light

name: blah
    target: blahlight
    rendermode: texure
    fx: 96

light:
    any value you want
    name: blahlight

it'll target the light to go off when it's broekn. to turn the light on again, target the lgiht again with a diff entity :D

Yeah, as I said, easy...

Gwan you ninja bastarding hoe :ninja:

• Advertisement

Pfff... well that is what I said drake... only I was a little less patronising. ;p

Advertisement