Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overheating problems??

• 11-05-2003 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

here's the prob: whenever i play games (eg half-life and a few mods of its, bf1942) the computer goes into stand-by. but it wont recover and the led stays on. i have to turn it off at the wall socket and then start it up. it will do this after about 10-25mins of playing a certain game. but its only the ones above, i can play sof2 or unreal 2 for ages wihtout this happening. any ideas? my spec is:
    asus a7n8x deluxe
    amd athlon xp 2600+
    sapphire radeon atlantis 9700 pro 128mb
    768 ddr pc2700 ram
    1x80gb hd
    1x10gb hd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i have doubts about it being a hardware problem. you don't mention what OS you're using...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

sorry - all running under windows 2000 pro with sp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

ok well after a bit of testing and the like - ive found the problem, the graphics card is too hot. is there anyway to find out how hot it is and change that? eg speed up the fan or something?
    also where can i change the speed of the psu/power fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You cant change the speed of the psu fan you could replace it if you really want to,but you problem as you say is the gfx card.I bought a thermaltake geforce4 copper heatsink in maplins,so you could look around for a hsf that will fit ati cards.

CombatCow

Advertisement