Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is this possible

• 11-05-2003 5:11pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Click here!
    I was gettin that download rate today for like 10 mins, and the rest of the time I was gett around 12kb/s. How is this possible if I am on a 56k modem. Now I'm not complaining here :) but that's not physically possible is it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

show us the pic and we might be able to tell ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

well considering kazaa is a p2p program it is possible. i mean it depends on other peoples bandwith and connection so yes. i mean on a 56k modem downloading something off an ftp or something you'd never get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

btw kazaa is pants compared to kazaa lite removes all spyware that kazaa has...

heh! don't be surprised if that turns out to be Zoolander or something else! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

zoolander was a great film funny as f***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

there is no way that u are downloading the matrix reloaded, not a chance, its gonna be something else

bastard file re-namers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

yeah true, but still, it'll be a film and i like the surprise. Plus you never know, there have been previews out already

i actually never saw zoolander, but i heard it was complete
    rubish. and there is a chance it is The Matrix Reloaded, just not a
    good one! a lot of screener copies get copied and leaked out. i
    doubt this one did though!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

yeah true, but still, it'll be a film and i like the surprise. Plus you never know, there have been previews out already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Originally posted by BArra
    there is no way that u are downloading the matrix reloaded, not a chance, its gonna be something else

bastard file re-namers

Actually it is possible that it is the real file. I do know that a few fxp boards have up at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

This isn't a warez board. With regard to the original posters question, it is possible to compress 12k of data to something which will download in a second on a 56k modem, ( say 5k ), but since films are already compressed, its more likely that you are downloading a massive text file, or that kazaa was just misreporting the info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement