Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Roms gone wrong

• 11-05-2003 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

I want to know how to completely remove my cd rom drivers from system,
    The problem is my motherboard detects them but windows considers them a trouble shoot device.
    Ive uninstalled them from device manager but every time i reboot the machine it just goes back to the same.
    Ive also gone into my Windows system folder and removed the relevant driver files. But still no luck

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

remove the power plug (usually cream/white, an inch wide.) from the drive itself. then try re-removing it fom device manager, reboot.

Make sure you turn off the comp before you connect/disconnect anything inside. They can make a fair bit of spark if you leave the power on. (as I discovered first hand :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

if i recall right if you just remove the power plug it will hang the system you also have to remove the IDE cable [or just the IDE cable] if you just take out the power the motherboard will keep sending data to the drive and will not get a reponse [besause the cd drive is off] thus hanging the system

Advertisement