Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skanger and Sky-Sports Free Pubs

• 11-05-2003 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I am making a list of pubs in Ireland where you can still go out with a few mates and chat in peace and quite, or take your girl out for a nice quite night. Basically I need people to list pubs anywhere in Ireland that aren't filled with knackers in Celtic jersies screming at giant TV monitors or radios blaring or bouncers on the door. Pubs that still are like proper 'locals' that haven't fallen into the Superpub ****hole league.

Anybody got suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

There's a pub in Terenure in Dublin called Quinlans that's really nice. It's 2 floors and on the ground floor there aren't any tellys so if you wanna watch a match you have to go upstairs. It's also pretty spacious and they serve really nice food!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

The Leeson (on wait for it, Leeson Street, just south of the canal) and the pub next door (can't remember the name at the moment) are the non-knacker type establishments, which I would recommend. Although The Leeson is a big GAA pub so keep well away on big match days, as it will be packed to the rafters with culchies (sort of like The Kerry Merchant, O'Shea's on the quays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Darth Waylander

Clearly Fibbers and Bruxelles,non-skangers in rock part of bruxies anyway.And Fibbs(parnell St) is deffo non-skangers and sjy,so no worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Long Hall on Georges st
    Sheehans in Blackrock
    Keoghs of Grafton st
    Mulligans of Poolbeg St
    Galloping Green on the N11 at whites Cross in Foxrock

Advertisement