Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT "Low Ping" Product in 40 Exchanges only

Options
  • 11-05-2003 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

ESAT have installed their OWN DSL kit right into 40 exchanges. ESAT sells this ADSL (LLU ADSL) as a business product , the cheapest "Low Ping" variant is €110 a month or so including VAT and is a nominal 512/256 with a contention ratio of 24:1 or so. See ADSLNOW if you are a home user but want it anyway, ESAT customer services can be difficult to deal with if you are a Residential user looking for a Business product. ADSLNOW can sort it out at the same price and you will always get the person you want to talk to.. Interleaving is off (I think fastpath is on too). Pings of 20ms-30ms to games servers are normal.

ESAT will RESELL the Eircom RADSL product , starting in June or July. This will be technically IDENTICAL to the Via and the Eircom product, save that the CAP will be a little higher than Eircom. Interleaving is on (set to low) and fastpath is off. Pings will be around 35ms-40ms on this product but may deteriorate as the contention kicks in.

The Low Ping product is ONLY available from the following 40 exchanges that Moriarty Posted About Here 6 months back. There has been and will be NO CHANGE to this list......ever. Here is the same list in Map format.

This Low Ping product is ADSL and not RADSL . ESAT carry out their own line test rather than relying on Eircom .....therefore you could possibly get it if Eircom had refused you. You must be 2 miles or less from the exchange on the list linked.

This info is for serious gamers only ...who may materially benefit from the lower ping.

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

i dont understand,
    do you mean that you can ONLY get the low ping if you pay them 100/month
    if get the ignite package i will suffer from a higher ping ? ? ?

explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Why will the list of exchanges not be expanded?
    And why would they convert changes on the north side and not on the wealthier south side of Cork City where it is more likely to attract home users who can actually afford it?
    I dont mean to sound like a snobby asshole but thats how it is and it makes more sense to make it available in wealthier areas.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

I am a serious gamer....(3rd best HL dm player in all Ireland)
    Hence why I am paying 109 euro a month to Esat

Pings between 18-40's average 35ish

it rox!
    Improved my game especially with the 9mmar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Chowley
    And why would they convert changes on the north side and not on the wealthier south side of Cork City where it is more likely to attract home users who can actually afford it?

Termites , found widely south of the Lee, would ate their cabinets and short out the linecards.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

The low ping product is available to residential users in Navan.
    I have the 256/128 product for €60 a month.
    My ping to barryworld servers is in the 25 to 30ms range.

By the way, at the end of May I can apply for the 512 product for €50 a month. I have a contact in the technical support center.

So guys if you live in the Navan area, you're sorted

Happy Gaming

Nuno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

They have stopped selling this, they only connected 30 people in 3 or 4 months owing to their ineptitude.

You will be transferred to the Eircom RADSL product at the end of the month. ESAT will be reselling it as IOL wotsit residential.

Your pings will go to 35ms or so rather than 20ms same as istream and netsource users.

your contention will go from almost nothing to as high as 48:1

are really you sure you should do this, once contention kicks in over time as more sign up it will be like a 64k product sometime this year.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Chowley you do sound like a snobby asshole

but guess what i can get fast adsl and you cant plus mygod i can afford it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Chowley
    Why will the list of exchanges not be expanded?
    I dont mean to sound like a snobby asshole but thats how it is and it makes more sense to make it available in wealthier areas.:mad:

This has to be one of the most ignorant and bigoted statements I've read in a long time.

That's right I'm originally from the north side of Cork City (now living and working in Dublin), I have many friends from the North Side who either have or are about to get broadband.

Maybe if you bothered to drag your "wealthy" snobby asshole across to the other side of the river you might get a clue and realize how many good, hardworking and yes, even well to do people live there. Not that wealth should matter if you can get bb or not, that is exactly what most people on IOFFL are fighting for: "Universal access to broadband services for all users".

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by bizmark
    Chowley you do sound like a snobby asshole

but guess what i can get fast adsl and you cant plus mygod i can afford it

Here here :p

well said bk well said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

if you look closely

their prices (updated on the 8th of may)
    http://www.esatbt.com/ie/products/access/dsl/index_Pricing.html
    clearly say 90 euro / month
    2 days later they release a statement
    http://www.esatbt.com/ie/pressrelease/20030410a.html
    apparently the ignite pricing has taken a nose dive.... to 45 / month

should i take this at face value and say that they've slashed prices

// or //

are they selling a worse product at a cheaper price...

wot is going on....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The government wont give them any more money to roll out more exchanges.

What really annoys me is that it is OUR money that esat BT
    are getting...
    promises made about wireless local loop and over a million euro later.....!!!

Anyone know where I can find updates on the status of these 'projects' ...they sure as hell make it hard to find...

Bk that is not my opinion im just trying to look at it from a profit making point of view 3 of my closest friends are from the north side i have nothing against anyone there, but that is how it could be seen.
    There is no need to take offence to my comment
    I probably could have phrased it better,I admit that.

I never said people from the north side slackers or anything like that.
    You are taking it totally out of context,I never made any remarks about the people and never said one person or the next should or should not have it.
    I am sorry if offended.
    Go back and read the post again i never said a word about the people.

get bent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

shut ur filthy mouth bizmark, it wasnt his own opinion, it was a broad spectrum on things and in a way he is right, try not to go down peoples throats u foolish ****er

filthy mouth lol look whos the foolish one try not to contradict yourself so openly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

QUITE
    This is a Broadband board not about which side of a city is richer poorer or which can pay for it. We all want broadband everywhere in Ireland. Any more crap that’s not about "ESAT "Low Ping" Product in 40 Exchanges" or broadband in general.
    I will ban them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

i said "you" were, never said "I" was did i?

not very intelligent are we :(

contradict
    learn the word

and im finished now i will respect the rules of the board
    i may have gone over board a tad

• Advertisement
Advertisement