Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Upgrade

• 11-05-2003 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

righteyo i was thinking about getting a 5.1 sound card and and 5.1 speaker system. i have a good idea of what i'm getting so i need no help there but what i need help on is a desk i know if i get 5.1 speakers i need a new desk i have one poxy small desk. I would be getting a carpenter to make me a desk but i need some ideas could you's post up piccys of your desk if you have 5.1 sound or if you have a desk that you know can have 5.1 if you wanted

Replies Appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheers for all the replies haha only joking but if any1 can help me i would be greatfully thankful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

personally i'd go for, in my room (box) for my desk facing the window, speakers in each corner of the room, and the centre speaker pointing at your head from over the curtain rail.

guess you could do a "close range" jobbie if you wanna put everything on stands - big mess of cable though.

yours still gonna need tons of wiring to make a clean job in any case, if your going for speakers that already have cables attached then theres no point in joining on 2.5 OFC "expensive as hell" cables to tag on, use bellwire or thin 2 core mains cable, you probably wont notice any diff, solder the cables if you can rather than just twisting the wire and sticky taping.

Try to hide the cabling anyway you can (go through the attic if possible)

Then all you need is a 6x4 projection screen and a nice bright projector to cover up that ugly window...;)

home cinema done n done

last word - dont change your mindhalfway through !

hope this helps - steve

Oh yeah BTW, why bother with a new desk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ehh cos the sound system is for my pc no tv!

hmm thats what i thought you were doing (maybe im a bit mad) all you need is the monitor on the desk if you run the cable nicely

• Advertisement

hmm thats what i thought you were doing (maybe im a bit mad) all you need is the monitor on the desk if you run the cable nicely,

Advertisement