Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1st provisional?

Options
  • 11-05-2003 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I applied for my test but Im still on my first provisional. (FP) . The rules are that you cant drive on your FP without a full license holder beside you. Im buying my car tomorrow and id like to know kow stringent is this rule? WB

Graham

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

It's not so much a rule, it's a *law*. Driving w/o a full license holder in the car is illegal, without any recourse.

But it's never enforced. When was the last time at a checkpoint the gardai asked for the (supposedly mandatory) license you are carrying? They just check you have valid insurance, tax and are not obviously plastered.

So it's totally enforced if you are in an accident - your insurance, etc., are all invalid. It's absolutely illegal under every circumstance.

But you'll probably do it anyway, just like the 400,000 others who drive as such illegally. Sorry for being harsh, but it's that behaviour that drives up all our premiums.

Advertisement