Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview in Dundalk ?

Options
  • 12-05-2003 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Can Freeview be received in Dundalk or even further south ?
    If so what type of aerial would be required ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi eirman... To know is to answer this question... Can you get Channel 5 off the aerial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Padzter

I live in Armagh, and I was able to get a watchable analogue Channel 5 picture with no amplifiers of any sort. When I tried a Freeview receiver on that aerial I could not pick up all the MUX's, and was missing UTV, Channel 4, ITV 2, and a few others.

With an amplifier added I was able to get a quite good picture on analogue Channel 5, stereo sound and quite good Teletext, and was then able to get all the channels on Freeview, but some of them, especially ITV 2/Channel 4/UTV and the music channels were prone to breakup. This was though probably due to the aerial, which was smallish compared to most aerials. I am purchasing a nice big Televes 45 from Satcure for £35 and getting the installer to put it up instead.

Things should greatly improve then, as it has a nice big gain on it!

Padzter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Padzter, more information would prove invalueable here.

Can you tell us, roughly, you dont have to be exact, where in relation to Camlough Mtn are you? N,S,E or W???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

Hi DMC. This thread is just a general enquiry. I'm still living in Dublin and will be moving northward later this year - Thanks to all.

Advertisement