Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City PC

Options
  • 12-05-2003 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

This is out today!

So wraped up in Zelda I didn't realize :(

This isn't good, I have work to do for college. Vice City will just have to wait a bit longer... maybe.

I will not buy Vice City tomorrow...

I will not buy Vice City tomorrow...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Emm... I pretty sure its out Friday, which is game release day after all.

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10325&mid=265690

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah its not coming out til the 19th or something

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its out here on the 16th. I think it may be out in the USA already.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out tomorrow (13th) in the States.

[Edit] I am bad boy[/Edit]

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

[Edit] I'm assuming if you have a copy of his game before release then it's an illegal one. Warez are not permitted. You may be forced to play Tribes2 forever in hell for your actions.[/Edit]

• Advertisement

Jeez... chill out. I don't have a copy of it. I'll be buying it, just like everyone else. :rolleyes:

- Dave.

ahhh Pardon me me Mod but i don't know i u and u don't know me...now unless u are willing to ask me why i have an advanced copy of Vice city 1st please do not edit my Posts, there are more ways to obtain a copy of vice city than via warez...ever heard of game testers,advance copies in shops...i expect a copy of i'll have devore bust a cap in ure shoot 1st ask question l8r ass

I will still report what the game is like 2morrow any way.. no point wasting good money on a game that will not run correctly ( e.g. GTA3)

i thank you

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Given that there's three highly competitive moderators with serious caffeine addictions and mostly permanent connections to teh interweb it's always a bit of a race to see who gets to deal with reported warez threads first.

It's just that there's been so little lately and we do so love to give the smack down, for the good of the forum though, of course *cough* :)

Yours sincerely,
    Amp,
    Thought Police Division.

Thanks amp i new u were a good fella ( biohazard told me so) any way .........Warez Bad !!

Stay stuned to this thread 4 my top 10 reasons to buy GTA vice city and my top 2 reasons why not to ban my ass

D.

Respect to Amp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by Dr4gul4
    ahhh Pardon me me Mod but i don't know i u and u don't know me...now unless u are willing to ask me why i have an advanced copy of Vice city 1st please do not edit my Posts, there are more ways to obtain a copy of vice city than via warez...ever heard of game testers,advance copies in shops...i expect a copy of i'll have devore bust a cap in ure shoot 1st ask question l8r ass

So you're saying it's definitely not a warez copy :rolleyes: , next thing you'll be saying is you didn't inhale. :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's pretty good i guess. Very similar to GTA3 (shock!). More of the same with a few tweaks.

I dunno about the whole 80s thing though, I don't think its possible to make the 80s look cool :)

Originally posted by meglome
    So you're saying it's definitely not a warez copy :rolleyes: , next thing you'll be saying is you didn't inhale. :D

So much jelousy in this 1 it terrible

Any way on with the show...Due to un4scene probs (* Shakes fist at pc) The 10 ten cool things in GTA VICE CITY for the pc has been delayed untill 2 morrow evening.....we hope......Sorry about the delay folks

D.

Due to un4scene probs ....
    One of your RAR files corrupt, dude? :D:D

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    One of your RAR files corrupt, dude? :D:D

- Dave.

Whats a rar file ???? DUDE

LMAO

Dudes! STFU!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

you called?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i wouldnt count on vice city on pc, unless you run so mega pc, gta3 run **** slow on mine, so i bought a ps2, played vice city for a month, now its catching dush , ehhhhhhhh :):D :cool: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ah this is one funny thread! Anyway getting back on topic!

I Look foward to this game comming out i loved the pc version though i thought it looked beter on the ps2! Wen i played it ran slow in my gforce2 i just reinstalled it to see if my XP SP1 was installed ok and i dident notice it run any better that with my fg2. It may be due to the 12 bottles of fink i just had but id say no matter how bad it looks it will be great. Playability was the key word for puter games in the 80`s and vice city is set in the 80s`after all. The game will still rock, just like a rock star. Pun intended!

yeah i reckon its going to be a deadl game. i played it on the ps2 for a bit at my cousins and thought it was pretty good so its going to be way better for the PC, cuz i thougth gta3 was far better for the pc imo.

The best thing about GTA games is the modability of them And the fack u can play ure m3's on the car....only if u own the cd's u got the mp3's from ( of course)

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 OddBall

Originally posted by Placebo
    i wouldnt count on vice city on pc, unless you run so mega pc, gta3 run **** slow on mine, so i bought a ps2, played vice city for a month, now its catching dush , ehhhhhhhh :):D :cool: :eek:

I installed it on my pc in work :

P3 - 866mHz / 128 mb sdram - nvidia riva tnt 2 pro integrated

A total piece of **** .

I ran the game with a few 'work' applications open - a bit laggy , but STILL playable.

Cant wait to take it home to a real pc and play the bolloxs out of it . . .

Thumbs up by the way - VERY gta3 - but the bikes are cool ( nothing but mopeds so far - but i did only play it for literally 5 minutes )

I of course am one of the official testers , i work for vivendi in the north side ( east point business park ) where we playtest games for a host of software companies.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Heh, if you are one of the offical testers, why are you (a) running the game on a system that is not indictive of how a customer plays and (b) "testing" the game 3 days before its on the shelf, for all of 5 minutes?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Personally I think GTA 3 and VC are far more suited to consoles than PC. Part of the appeal to me (To be honest at this point I should mention that I don't own a copy of the game) would seem to be the ability to just turn it on for a quick laugh you know? It would seem a bit less fun if you've to boot up computer, load game etc. (A minor thing I know; it doesnt take that much patience to wait a couple of minutes I suppose)
    Also I cant see myself and a few mates huddled around a PC monitor with a couple of pints playing GTA.

Just my opinion though; I'm sure it will sell really well. (Maybe I'm just bitter that my computer is far too cack to run it :confused: oh well, hopefully the rumours of rockstar bringing the series to the gamecube (and Xbox) next year will prove true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 OddBall

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    Heh, if you are one of the offical testers, why are you (a) running the game on a system that is not indictive of how a customer plays and (b) "testing" the game 3 days before its on the shelf, for all of 5 minutes?

Matt

The machine i was using is for writing reports on games , i am not due to be playing vice city - therefore i wasnt playing it on my games machine as i had to look like i was testing a differant title - ok ? happy now ?

PPs oddball is a collegue of mine sine me pc fecked up last nite he is now testin it

Thanks Oddball

D.
    Originally posted by OddBall
    i work for vivendi in the north side ( east point business park ) where we playtest games for a host of software companies.

:)

Dude u didn't have to give the secret away

Originally posted by Brerrabbit
    Personally I think GTA 3 and VC are far more suited to consoles than PC. Part of the appeal to me (To be honest at this point I should mention that I don't own a copy of the game) would seem to be the ability to just turn it on for a quick laugh you know? It would seem a bit less fun if you've to boot up computer, load game etc. (A minor thing I know; it doesnt take that much patience to wait a couple of minutes I suppose)
    Also I cant see myself and a few mates huddled around a PC monitor with a couple of pints playing GTA.

Just my opinion though; I'm sure it will sell really well. (Maybe I'm just bitter that my computer is far too cack to run it :confused: oh well, hopefully the rumours of rockstar bringing the series to the gamecube (and Xbox) next year will prove true.

tbh its far better on the pc and the series was originally made and started for pc's. there is so much more u can do with the game for the pc, and u can pack a lot more into the game for the pc rather than on the console.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Played the game there last night,
    Have screen settings at 1280 x 1024(amd 2100+, 512ddr, raedon 9700 pro), game runs smoothly enough.
    Can't say I'm impressed with the game much, because its really just basicly gta3, with bikes you can drive and a thing or two more.. but graphics wise, much better than p2 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Oh yea, Friday :rolleyes: :D .

Annnyywwaayyy...

[edit]
    yea Lenny, it is basically Gta3. Vice City is basically an add-on ala GTA London.

Gta4 is still in development, along with another version of Gta3 due out next year. Or so I hear.
    [/edit]

Originally posted by Lenny
    Played the game there last night,
    Have screen settings at 1280 x 1024(amd 2100+, 512ddr, raedon 9700 pro), game runs smoothly enough.
    Can't say I'm impressed with the game much, because its really just basicly gta3, with bikes you can drive and a thing or two more.. but graphics wise, much better than p2 imo

What what what...a mod promotin warez this can't be right i say !!!

D.

• Advertisement

Please stop using the w word. It makes us all nervous, and as a running joke it's already out of steam.

Thanks!

Advertisement