Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City PC

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Great game. Really great game. Runs like a dream with everything maxxed out and the do anything you want factor is just so much fun.

The only complaint I have is the controls for the remote comtrol chopper are a total pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

If you think the chopper's bad, just wait till you get to the RC Aeroplane!

Damn addictive game. My only gripe is that it took too long to get to the stage where you could buy property (and thus save your game), meaning you had to travel huge distances to save :\

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I can't fly that helicopter at all. Pain in the ass.
    Oh, what's the point to the widescreen option in display settings? I mean, who has a ws monitor?

Atm, I'm not really doing the missions, I'm just driving around getting to know the streets. Oh and the motorbikes rock.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It runs at a playable rate (doesn't look too fansay, but speed is okay) on my
    800MHz Duron
    64MB ATI radeon 7000
    320MB SDRAM,
    so the minimum specs are accurate enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I can't fly that helicopter at all. Pain in the ass.
    Oh, what's the point to the widescreen option in display settings? I mean, who has a ws monitor?

Atm, I'm not really doing the missions, I'm just driving around getting to know the streets. Oh and the motorbikes rock.

Umm, me: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004YNSR/102-8351107-4880163

Thats a 24" CRT, but a rake load of new LCDs are Widescreen too. Catch up with the times man!

I can confirm the widesceen option functions perfectly.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got my copy in the post yesterday from play.com - its f*cking excellent, and seems to run a hell of a lot smoother than GTA3 did on my PC. Quite an addictive game, pity I still have two exams left to do ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Can anyone say if I have played GTA:VC on PS2 to around 30% whether it's worth getting on PC? After getting a 9700Pro PS2 gfx are putting me off most games. I am not ****ting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Captain Trips
    Can anyone say if I have played GTA:VC on PS2 to around 30% whether it's worth getting on PC? After getting a 9700Pro PS2 gfx are putting me off most games. I am not ****ting you.

30% is actually ALOT of the main game. To get to 100% you have to collect all the packages and the rest of the boring stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

whatever you do, don't play the game with EAX3 when running windows XP. after going back to desktop, i experienced horrible echo effects which i couldnt turn off for the love of god. when i played any mp3s after playing vice city, they sounded weird and the constant hum from the bass woofer gave me a headache.

otherwise, its a cool game :)

adnans

How do you know when you are finished the main story? Is there a cut scene or anything?
    I think I've done all the missions bar some of the property missions.
    All I have left is that stupid "checkpoint charlie" mission at the boathouse and whatever is after that and the mission at the film studio where you have to drop the flyers and whatever comes after that.
    I think I own all the properties where you can earn money.
    I have:
    Malibu Club (all missions done + Phil's missions)
    Pole Position Strip Club (task done, hardly a mission)
    Kauffman Cabs (all missions done)
    Cherry Popper Ice Cream (mission done)
    Printworks (2 missions done, I would have thought there was more, but it's now earning me money)
    Film Studios
    Boathouse

Am I missing something?

Also I've done
    All of Avery's missions
    All of Cortez's missions
    All of Diaz's
    All the Hatian
    All the Cuban
    All of the Lovefist
    All of the biker ones
    All of the Vercetti ones (I've got the mansion making money)
    The Kent Paul one or two (whatever it was)

I think that's it. The only icons on the map for more missions are the boathouse and film studios.
    I've completed 40% I think.
    Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

how did the game start? did Sonny ever get his money back? surely if you didnt see Sonny anymore in the game, something is missing. :)

adnans

Ahh, just finished the main storyline today. Quite satisfying I must admit :]

Makaveli, you'll know when it's over... believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

great game,
    finished all the main stories - do i just buy up property then yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by fisty
    great game,
    finished all the main stories - do i just buy up property then yeah?

yup...buy everything, and try and find all the secret stuff.

Ok I guess I'll just keep trying these two missions even though they are wrecking my head. God I hate those jumps for the boats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Is it just me or is the vertical axis of the mouse WAY more sensitive than the horizontal when you're just walking around? Is this some sort of bug? When I adjust the sensitivity it only adjusts the horizontal, it's almost unplayable the way it is - going from one extreme to the other on the vertical axis in the space of about an inch or two.

Finished last night after that post.
    Quite a good ending I must say.

One other question. How do I enter the races that you see in the Sunshine Autos garage? I've done all the collecting missions.

Go to the Map in the garage/basement thing, stand in the circle, map will show up, press left/right to select race then hit Right Shift key.

Ah right shift. I think I might have pressed every other button. Cheers.

Advertisement