Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti-spammers

Options
  • 12-05-2003 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

With twats like Pinky18 running rampage, what about limiting first time posters to a max of say 3 posts on their first visit/day ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Im pretty sure thats a bot, of some kind. It started on the FAQ board and its making its way around, nasty.

Orrible mess to clean away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Pinky18 is advertising his prono. We just have to wait for im to be 12 clicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

damn it looks like a invasion ! i wish i could fry his connection...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A limit on the number of posts a newbie could have wouldn't be a bad idea. If i remember correctly this was brought up last year. Nothing happened with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good idea. At least until they become a 'Crazy Poster'.

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=web&cs=utf-8&q=%22Pinky18%22&_sb_lang=fr+en

The pink destroyer seems to have logged up to loads of boards yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

how about adding that little number thing that most signups have to stop bots like this signing up.

yeah a limit on posts would be good.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The number thing is on its way and the limitation of posts until a newbie has proved himself is only available with VBB 3.0 afaics.
    Certainly theres no obvious way of doing it currently.

Lads, mass spammers like Pinky18 are a doddle to clean up. We just point Reason[tm] at their username and it merrily goes round deleting every post they have ever made, bans the account and bans the email address.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

/me imagines reactor for Reason(tm) boiling away in paddling pool beside Dev. Giggle, titter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

well posting that in here is just takin the p!ss a little don't ya think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement