Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

128k isdn with IOL free or Eircom.net Free?

Options
  • 12-05-2003 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

hi - anyone out there confirm or deny being able to use two channel ISDN with the free ISP services of eircom.net and IOL - do they limit it to single channel connection

do you have to be a Subscription Customer to be abel to connect with two channels?

thanks,
    BrianG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Hey,

I have ISDN and use eircon, iol and oceanfree
    with the free accounts eircon only allow 64k but iol and oceanfree both allow 128k, extra speed not worth double the cost IMO even for games (counterstrike) I don't notice an improvement.
    but there you go!
    64k iol is the job if ya ask me!
    :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

akaik you have to setup a subscription for Eircom to go 128k. Which aint worth it.

Id personally recommend Oceanfree, as Im using em for my 64K ISDN and its great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks for the info MrScruff and GoneShootin

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Recieved an eircom mailshot here recently saying thats its now possible to use dual channel isdn on subscription and free eircom.net accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've been able to connect to IOL free and that new Eircom 1892 number on 128k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

heard the same thing about eircom.

since they did that 1892 thingy, they've been allowing 128k access, but like MrScruff says, I don't know if it would be worth it for the costs factor. during evenings/weekends it's only about 2.5c per minute for 128k with a free a/c, but during office hours it's gonna be over 10c per minute, and I really couldn't justify 10c per minute for 128k access (well, if I had ISDN that would be the case anyway).

I got rid of my PC at home cos it was costing me too much in phone bills (250e was one bill), so I might be the only techie geek on these boards who doesn't even own a PC! how's that for irony?

Advertisement